Chapter 4

~

~Later that Day~

I unlock the front door to the house and walked in after I got it open by jiggling the key in the lock a couple of times. I close the door behind me as I look around the abandoned living room. All the furniture is still here, surprisingly, even though I haven't been here in a couple of years. I never thought I would set foot in here again or go anywhere near it after everything I've been through.

I went over to the mantel above the fireplace in the living room only to find a picture frame of me and my family. The mantel used to be some sort of shrine for my wolf coin since my father was the one that held it before me. He could've given that power to my brother, Merc, but he insisted that I have it.

I take my wolf coin out of my pocket and I glance at it then I look over at the picture.

"I'm going to set things right even if it means getting our powers destroyed. I won't let you down, father," I said to the picture as if he was still alive and it sure made me reflect on what Blake and Hunter said earlier.

~Earlier~

"Are you sure I should be the hero?" I ask the two brothers after they said that I would be the hero.

"We know ya got what it takes and your powers are stronger than ours, Storm," Hunter said.

"You're the next best Ranger," Blake adds.

"You both know I can't do it alone," I said.

"You know we'll help you out. We can track down the Buta for you," Blake said.

"No need. Adam is doing that for me and he's been sending you guys anonymous tips about it," I said.

"Adam? Is he all right?" Hunter asks.

"Yeah, just like most of us, he only lost his powers," I answered.

"It seems like only two of you didn't lose your powers," Blake says, and I give him a puzzled look.

"What do you mean? I thought I'm the only one who still has their powers," I said.

"We think Nomad still has his powers," Hunter said.

"Yeah, his Power Coin and Morpher is still intact. No scratches or damages on them," Blake said next.

"Well, he's not of any use to me if he's in a coma," I said with a sigh.

"I'm sure he's pullin' through," Hunter said. "Ya know how strong he is."

"At least he got through the worst of it," Blake said as he gently places a hand on my shoulder.

"How long has it been now?" I ask.

"Six months," Hunter answers.

"Six months... When that damn monster attacked us and nearly killed us all," I said with a slightly angered tone.

"Sadly you lost one," Blake said in a sympathetic tone.

"When I shouldn't have lost any!" I said loudly.

"Okay, before ya get stressed out, why don't ya rest at our place?" Hunter said as he came slightly closer. "You will be closer to Nomad."

"I would but I don't want to put you guys at risk. I wouldn't be all that surprised if I get followed by the damn thing," I said. "Besides, I think it's time to go back home."

"Whatever you want to do, Storm," Hunter said as he slight nods his head.

"We probably shouldn't stick around much longer then. Keep me posted on Nomad's condition," I said.