1

It was quiet in the basement. The only noise was the rasping of wood. Gibbs stood bent over his boat and worked with concentration.  He did not yet know how to get his boat out of the basement, but he would think of something later. The only thing he was thinking about  right now is Sloane. 

He knew that he could not break rule 12. But he had to. He thought about her all day long and could do nothing about it. What would his team members think of him if he got involved with her? Does she even feel the same way? He drifted off completely in his thoughts. 

Gibbs suddenly turned his head when he heard soft footsteps. He drew his gun and turned around jerkily. 

"Hey, it's just me," Sloane said startled. "Why are you so nervous?" 

Gibbs chuckles nervously, "Oh, I just was in some thoughts." 

"Oh, you're working on your boat again." Jack said. 

"How will you get it out of your house?" 

"It's a question I ask myself every day," Jethro replied amused. 

For several minutes they just stood there and looked each other in the eyes. What does he feel for me? Sloane asked herself. To be honest, she didn't know exactly how she felt about him. She quickly rejected the thought and pulled herself together.

Rule 12! She remembered. But what should she do? She just couldn't help but think about him every free minute. Was she in love with him? Probably. But this did not matter now. She just wanted to ask about his boat. Since she knew about it, she was impressed. 

"Why did you come to see me," Gibbs asked. 

"I just wanted to see how you were doing after that exhausting case." 

"I am fine," he replied faintly. 

Jack looked at him for a long time and noticed that he was by no means 'fine'. How long had he not slept? 20 or 30 hours? She hadn't seen him eat anything today either. 

"Shall we order something to eat?" she asked. 

"I'm not hungry, but we could go for a coffee." 

"It's 3:00 a.m." 

"I think this diner near here is open 24/7," Gibbs replied. 

Jethro and Sloane set off. As they stepped outside, she began to freeze and he instinctively put an arm around her shoulders to keep her warm. So they walked the streets cuddled up together. Gibbs suddenly realized that he had fallen in love. He wished so much that he would finally be lucky in love. Didn't he deserve it after so long? He sensed that she was the right one. But he could not break his own rules. Could he?