5

Gibbs stormed into the interrogation room furious and slammed the door behind him.
He sat across from Dean and just stared at him. Suddenly Tommy jumped up and started screaming.

"Help, they're going to get me! They are after me. They're gonna kill me." He stared intently at the mirror behind Gibbs. 

"The invisible people think I don't see them, but I do. Every one of them."

The special agent almost believed his story. Gibbs' voice is menacingly quiet when he talks to the alleged perpetrator.

"The only one after you is me. And you should know that I am worse than an army of the invisible." 

Dean's eyes once twitched suspiciously to the agent. So briefly that Gibbs wondered if he had imagined it.

"You don't get it! They want to kill me. Every single day and I am on the run."

Jethro slammed the file on the table. 

"God damn it, pull yourself together now! Jack Sloane found out that this whole fucking thing is fake. She knew it, and you blew up her car. Just tell me why." 

Tommy looked at him questioningly. 

"Sloane's nice. The Invisibles told me they'd like to take her."

Gibbs got up and grabbed Dean by the collar. Ellie came rushing in immediately, shouting, 

"Gibbs, please stop. He's not worth it." 

"Definitely not," Gibbs said, and let him go.

He just ran out of the interrogation room and left Ellie alone with the suspect.
He just wanted to go to Jack. He wanted to hold her hand and be with her. And he wanted to tell her how much he missed her here. Just as Jethro was about to get into the elevator, he was called to his place by Vance. 

"Gibbs, my office now!" He turned around, annoyed, but followed the director.

"You know exactly why you're here. You assaulted a suspect who is mentally unstable. If this gets out to the press we're screwed!"

"He's faking it," Gibbs declared furiously.

"Jethro, we have no evidence! Nothing."

"Sloane can prove it. She said it."

"Her word is not good enough. You know that very well. She's under the influence of powerful painkillers and hasn't given you proof."

Gibbs was furious. The director accused Jack of having just speculated wildly He just turned around and walked out of the office. He slammed the door behind him. He stomped down the stairs and made his way to the elevator again. McGee was about to speak to him, but when he saw what a bad mood his boss was in, he paused in a huff.

Gibbs stared angrily at everyone once more before the elevator doors closed. On the drive to the hospital he had at least calmed down a bit. He didn't want Sloane to see him like that.
Not now. She needs someone to be there for her now. He wanted to be that someone.
Their relationship was going to be difficult, he knew that.

 He also felt guilty because Ziva and DiNozzo's relationship would have been different had he not introduced that stupid rule 12. At least he and Sloane now had a chance. And Bishop and Torres, he thought with a smile. 

This time he parked his car like everyone else in the parking garage and quietly headed for Jack's room. He asked again for safety before he just walked into her room. She might have been moved. The receptionist smiled as she saw Gibbs disappearing into the room. He and his girlfriend were so cute.

A loud crash tore her from her thoughts.
It came from said room. Next to the empty bed was a smashed chair and next to it was Gibbs.
In his hand he held a note. It said 'the invisible' ones were here.