Escaping the Brig(s)

On The Dutchman, the crew were all shoved rouchly into cells. "Bootstrap?" Elizabeth asked several of the crew of the Dutchman, before finding Will's father. "Bootstrap..." A gravelly voice replied. Elizabeth turned, and Hermione jumped. The wall she had been leaning against was alive! "You know my name!" Bootstrap told Elizabeth. "Yes, I know your son." Hermione frowned. She didn't particularly like the choices Will had made. "Will Turner." Elizabeth continued, seeing the confused look on Bootstrap's face

. It instantly lit up with recognition. "William!" Elizabeth nodded warily. Hermione bit her lip. Maybe Will wasn't so bad... its just that his father was... a wall. An insane wall at that. "Ha ha! He made it! He's alive. And now he sends you, to tell you that he's coming for me." He pointed to Elizabeth. Hermione shook her head slowly. "Ha ha! God's wounds, he's on his way!" Bootstrap said, in that gravelly voice of his. "Yes, Will is alive. And he wants to help you." The older man looked down for a minute, then said, "He can't help me."

Hermione nodded. Perhaps he still had some sanity left. She tuned out the rest of the conversation. This was just sad. Instead, she thought about Malfoy. That, in her opinion, made her even more pathetic than Bootstrap and Elizabeth's conversation. She was in the middle of a brig on a foreign ship, and Malfoy was nowhere near her to torment her.. She frowned, and shook the thoughts of his silver eyes out of her head. Much better to concentrate on an escape plan. Now, how could she use magic without them seeing?

Meanwhile, Will and Malfoy were strapping dead bodies to barrels, a sort of bread crumb trail. Will was a skilled locksmith, and as soon as he was out of sight, Malfoy had used Alohomora. Child's play, really. Now, here they were, tying bodies to barrels. Will hesitated, looking at his knife. Malfoy shot him a look, and continued to tie the body to the barrel. "You excaped the brig even quicker than I expected." They both looked up. It was Jack. "William, Nuisance, do you notice anything?" Will looked around. "Rather, do you notice something that is not there to be noticed?" "You haven't raised an alarm." Will said. "You finally took a bath." Malfoy muttered.

"Odd, isn't it? Not as odd as this." Malfoy shrugged, and Will looked at the bodies self-conciously. "Come up with this all by your lonesomes, did you?" Will growled, "I said to myself, think like Jack." Malfoy raised an eyebrow. "Do tell. My esteem for the good captain has suddenly gone lower." Jack looked at him, then nodded. "I agree with the blond nuisance, for once. This is what you've arrived at? Lead Becket to Shipwreck Cove so as to gain his trust, to accomplish your own ends? It's like you don't know me at all, mate!" Malfoy nodded. "Too much of a Gryffindor, from how he annoys me. Slytherins would do that."

Will shot him a look to be quiet. "And how does your dearly beloved feel about this plan? ... Ah. You've not seen fit to trust her with it." Jack jumped down, and Malfoy snorted. "It's kind of hard to trust her with something if she's on the ship of Sao Feng with Granger, and he only came up with this brilliant plan in the brig. It was either that, die of boredom, or think up a plan to murder Sao Feng for taking our girlfriends." Will nodded. "I'm losing her, Jack. Every step I make for my father is a step away from Elizabeth."

Malfoy frowned. "Fathers are over-rated." "You'll lose her for good if you choose to lock your heart away. If I might lend a machete to your intellectual thicket, avoid the choice altogether." Jack suggested. Will looked at him, and Malfoy frowned. "What would you gain through stabbing the heart?" He asked. "Immortality, for one. Death has a curious way of changing one's priorities." "You have to do the job though, Jack. Otherwise you'll end up just like Jones." Will said.

Jack grimaced. "I don't have the face for tentacles." As an afterthought, he pulled out his compass and handed it to Will. "What's this for?" Will asked. "Think like me. It'll come to you." Then Jack leaned over and breathed in Will's face. Will fell overboard, and Malfoy raised an eyebrow. Jack pushed off the last body, and Will clung to it. "What should we do now?" Malfoy asked nonchalantly. "Unless you want to join your traitorous friend in the water, I suggest you go back to your cell in the brig." Malfoy glared at him for a minute. "Or maybe I should go turn this ship around to meet up with Sao Feng and tell Elizabeth."