64

When I rolled out of bed I couldn't feel my legs, causing me to stumble a little. "Woah, are you okay?" Colby asked as he reached out to steady me.

"Yeah, you really got me good." I said with a laugh as I bent over to grab my bathing suit. "And I'll do it again." Colby said lowly as he watched me pull on my bathing suit bottoms, "let's maybe give me a minute." I said with a laugh as I turned away from him.

We grabbed some towels then went out to the hot tub. There were twinkling lights on the back deck making the vibe even more magical.

It was actually snowing which made me smile so wide I thought my cheeks would be stuck like that. "I love that smile." Colby said quietly as he pulled the cover back from the hot tub. "It doesn't happen often." I said and closed my eyes, letting the snowflakes hit my skin.

I didn't care how cold it was because it this moment, I was truly happy. I felt all of the weight on my shoulders lift off of me.

In this moment I didn't have PTSD.

I wasn't broken.

I was just happy and very in love.

Colby turned the lights on for the hot tub, then the jets. The contrast of the hot tub and the cool night air made steam roll off of the deck and into the cliffside below. "Let's get in before we freeze to death." Colby said as I tied my hair up in a bun.

As soon as I got in I felt every muscle in my body relax, causing me to melt against the seat. "I'm never getting out." I mumbled as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back.

The stars were so much brighter here, since there was no pollution from the city. "I'm right there with you. I wish we had icecream though." Colby said as I moaned, "icecream sounds so good right now." I mumbled as he reached for his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he laughed, "looking to see if there's any store open that we can get icecream at." He said as I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"There's a Walmart like 10 minutes away, is it worth getting out of the hot tub?" He asked as he put his phone down and wrapped his arm around me.

"Shopping with you is one of my favorite activities. Plus icecream is always worth it." I said with a grin and stood up. It felt dumb getting out since we just got in but Colby was right, icecream almost seemed necessary.

We went in and quickly changed into warm clothes then made our way to the car. "We should just move here...imagine Mia making snow angels." I said dreamily as Colby chuckled, "You know we can't do that." He said as I sighed,

"yeah, I know...we should come back here with the girls though." I said and took his hand as we drove down the wooded driveway.

We got to the store a few minutes later, "I should probably get a jacket while we are here." I said with a laugh as I bundled my hands in Colby's leather jacket. "I think you look cute though." He said as we got out of the car.

"You're not wearing anything though, I don't want you to get sick." I said as he laced his fingers through mine and led me towards the entrance of the store. "You're probably right." He said as the door opened and a wall of warm air hit us.

"Every time I come to the store with you I want those animal cracker cookies." I said and skipped through the store with Colby's hand in mine. "Get whatever you want, love." He said with a chuckle as I smiled widely at him.

We went to the coat section first. There were lots of different kinds of coats but I went with a baby blue puffy coat since it came with matching earmuffs.