photo shoot

<thankyou so much for  the support on this book i cant function!>

today i am going to be taking photos of colby brock. he reached out to me saying that he liked my works and would like to do some shoots with me. i accepted almost immediately because my emails had been really dry and not many people have talked to me in a while (a/n literal mood).

i was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of someone ringing the phone on the wall. the phone is connected to the front desk.

"hello?" i say

"hey, i have a guy named colby brock to see you" the receptionist said to me.

"ok cool, i will be out soon to get him" 

"ok bye"

"bye" 

i pick up my phone from the desk and head over to the door. i was located on the second floor so it might take me a little longer to get to the front desk. i swear there was like a million steps but in reality there was like 50. two sets of 25. once i reached the bottom, i went through the hallway and round to the front desk where he was. im guessing he heard me because he looked up from his phone in my general direction.

"hey im y/n" i say reaching my hand out

"colby" he says reaching his hand out to shake mine

"you ready to get started?" 

"sure"

i guide him to follow behind me and he did so. whilst we were walking to the stairs i let him know i was on the second floor and all the way down the hall. i would say that it took around 2 to 5 minutes to get to my office.

"so what do you want to do?" i asked him whilst going to my desk 

"well, i brought my bag with a couple clothes so i was hoping we could do shoots with me in different clothes if that is ok with you" he explained while sitting on the chair in front of me.

"that is fine by me i have all the time in the world. dont know about you though" i said finally looking back up to him

"i have nothing planned for the rest of the day" he said 

"well, shall we get started?"

"ok"

we started off with simple shots then moved onto some other ones. it was really fun. we had laughs and giggles and it was the happiest i had been in a while. i never thought my job would bring me this much joy until now. the people that i have had to photograph in the past were strict and straight to the point. i was never able to have any fun and now i can. i never wanted this to end.

"well, i guess that is us done then" i say shutting of the camera and taking the SD card out

"i guess so" he says putting his jacket on

"i will get these photos edited and will send you them as soon as possible" i say to him

"dont stress about it" 

"ok well erm .. do you want me to see you out?" i asked

"yeah but before i go, can i ask you something?" he seamed nervous

"shoot" 

"do you maybe wanna go and get coffee on day and chat? i think you are a really cool person" he was starting to avoid my eyes and looking at the floor. cute.

"sure, send me a date and i will be there"

"ok cool! well shall we head out?" i said pointing to the door behind him

"yeah"

we walked out of my office and down the stairs. i thought it was going to be really awkward but it wasnt, it was peaceful. when we reached the front desk, we had a little chat and then i watched as he left through the doors and into the distance. i turned back to the receptionist to have a chat with her.

"he couldnt stop smiling when he was waiting for you" she told me

"well, he asked me to get coffee one day" i said looking at the floor

"looks like you found yourself a man" she said tapping the desk to grab my attention

"oh shush" i say and walk away

"you know im right!" she yells enough so i can hear her

i think she is right, i think i found a man. i had been looking for a while and when i just given up, he comes along and changes my life. for the better. we laughed so much today and treated me with kindness (harry styles has entered the chat) and care. i think i can see myself with him.

<752 words>

this is also a shorter one but i wanted to post as well as to say thankyou for reading this. it is making me really happy that people want to read what i write! anyways, i hope you have a great day/night depending on when you are reading this. i love you all <3