Alt. Ending - Part X

A/N: this chapter is for smolgaybean_ and AaronBurrger ! Thank you for your amazing comments! You guys were the ones that inspired this chapter. (Especially those comments smolgaybean_ left on the last chapter...) (I'M SORRY, DRACO) I love you guys! Keep calm and read on!
—————
T.W. homophobic slurs
"Draco, it's not you." Harry patted his boyfriend's back, trying to cheer him up. "They weren't talking about you, I'm sure of it..."
His voice trailed off as Draco leaned into him, sniffling. They were in the library, and they'd overheard a conversation... one that had sounded like it was meant for Draco to not hear.
"Did you hear? He's taking a boy to the ball. Faggot."
"His parents must be so disappointed in him."
"Yeah, why do they even keep him around? It's not like he doesn't have his boyfriend to take care of him."
"Why? Why do people hate us?" Draco whispered into Harry's robes as they sat there on the library floor, leaning against the sturdy bookshelves.
Harry tried to make a joke to lighten the mood. "It's not like we add any more gross, unwanted, PDA to the school than they do, is it, Dray?"
Draco laughed weakly. "Yeah..."
There was silence, and Harry sighed and pulled Draco in closer.
Sometimes, when things were bad, the best thing you could do was just be quiet and let it pass.
————————
"So, we add—two?—yeah, two—dashes of powdered bicorn horn—" Ron said, almost fumbling the white dust he had in his hands.
"Horn of bicorn," Harry quietly corrected Ron, his voice stuffy, as he was breathing through his mouth so as not to smell the rancid fumes that filled the dungeon. "And I'll chop up these roots." He lowered his voice. "So, what happened with Blaise again?" He started to cut the roots into thin, precise strips as Ron recounted the story of how Blaise Zabini had kissed him.
"—and then I started thinking, 'Wow, I really seem to attract the gay crowd, am I gay?' Who knows?" He looked over at Blaise, who was working on his own Draught of Patience and smiled a bit.
"Oh, there's a beetle on our cauldron, better get that off," Harry remarked to Ron, who flicked it off quickly.
"I wonder how it got down here..."