The Date

Naruto and Sasuke were on a tree, watching over the village. The Hokage had received intel that some rouge ninjas were planning to attack, so she sent the two genins look over the village. It had been a week since Sasuke and Sakura started going out. The whole village was speaking about it. And it was a month after his sickness.

  Sasuke believed Naruto had no feelings for Sasuke, so he decided to forget about him and try something new. "Ne, Sasuke?" Naruto looked down, his hair had grown a bit it. His eyes stung as tears threatened to fall, his hair hid the sky-blue eyes.

  "Hn." Sasuke had his arm propped on his knee. "So uh, what do you like about Sakura?" Naruto chuckled, his head flew back as he looked up at the sky, smiling. Sasuke waited a moment before answering. "Actually, I'm dating her because I want to forget my feelings for someone."

  Naruto looked at him in bewilderment. Then he frowned. 'He already liked someone else huh?' Instead of being sad, a wave of anger took over. "Hey! You can't just date her because you want to forget someone! You can't use her!" he stood up and clenched his fists in anger.

  He jumped away to the Hokage sculptures, Sasuke only sighed. 'That-That jerk! I would never date someone just because I want to forget someone. He's so-ugh!' Naruto clench his chest, where his heart was. "Dammit." He huffed.

  Meanwhile with Hinata

  'Sakura-Chan is dating Sasuke! She's so brave.' Hinata thought. She played with her fingers and a pink tint was across her face. 'M-Maybe I can ask him out! I should be brave and not weak!' Hinata clenched her fists and have a look of determination on her face. She ran around a village looking for her friends.

  She asked every person she knew of Naruto's whereabouts. "Umm..Naruto? I'm pretty sure Hokage-Sama sent him and Sasuke to look over the village." Hinata panted. Her hair was up in a frenzy and her hands were on her knees. "Check the outskirts maybe?.." Ino asked, curious of why Hinata was looking for him.

  Almost everyone knew she had a crush on Naruto. But she didn't think Hinata would actually ask him on a date. Hinata ran off the the Stone Heads leaving a confused Ino. 'I can't stop now! I have to ask him! I have to!'

————————————————————————

  Naruto stared off into the distance. He totally forgot about the order to look for any suspicious movements. Wind blew on his blonde hair as his feet dangled off the edge. "N-Naruto-Kun!" Said person gasped and looked to the side. It was Hinata, she was hunched over trying to catch her breath, and her pale hand was over her heart.

  "Hinata-Chan!" Naruto smiled, this made her blush a deep red. "I-Um.. N-Narut-to-Kun!" She looked down and took several deep breaths. Naruto raised an eyebrow in confusion. "W-W-Would you l-like to..err- g-go o-on a d-d-date w-with me!" she stuttered and frowned with tears threatening to fall.

  Naruto's eyes widened. "L-Like a romantic date or a hang-out?" He said confused with a small blush. She was close to fainting, instead she fell on her butt and covered her very-red face. "A date, I- l-l-like you v-very much N-Naruto!" her hands were on her hot cheeks as she looked at the ground.

  "S-Sure!" Naruto stood up and offered her a hand to stand up. She took it and dusted her pants. She was lost in her own world, wondering if this was reality. She could feel the warmth on her face and her hands were sweating. She hid them with her sleeves as they walked to a sweets shop.

  The two ate Dango happily and talked. Her nervousness slowly faded away as they chatted eagerly, talking about missions and their plans for the future.

  "Naruto!" A deep voice shook them, they both slowly turned to an upset Uchiha. " I caught the rouge ninjas, is this where you were?" Sasuke was trying to not shout at the nervous blonde. "S-Sorry Sasuke, I got distracted.." he scratched his neck and sheepishly smiled with closed eyes.

  Hinata scooted her chair and stood up. "Sorry for distracting you from your mission Naruto.. sorry Sasuke." She bowed and left with a frown, her hand was squeezing her other arm. Her head was low, she was ashamed at herself. "No it's okay! I had fun! Thanks Hinata!" He tried reassuring her as he waved goodbye, but she was already gone, she blocked out all voices from the outside. She was in her own world.

  "Sasuke!" Naruto gritted his teeth and scowled at Sasuke. "What? You should've focused." Sasuke growled back. "Seems like you didn't need me!" Naruto stood up from his chair and left the money on the table. "It was an order from Tsunade!" He walked beside Naruto.

  "You didn't have to do her like that!" Naruto crosses his arms. "What? She left on her own! You're the one that got distracted."

  "Now she's blaming herself!"

  "And that isn't my fault!" They argued. Naruto sighed and Shikamaru came by. "What a drag, you two are 18 and still argue like you're 12." He said with his arms behind his neck. "He forgot our mission to go on a date with Hinata!" He complained. Naruto looked at him with a snarl. "Well you and Sakura always act lovey-dovey in our Team missions!" He replied.

  Sasuke held is hands up, "She's the one being clingy! I just want to do the mission!"

  "Oh so now you're complaining about your girlfriend?"

  "She isn't my 'girlfriend'! We just went on a couple of dates! Everyone just gossips and makes rumors!" Naruto felt relief at his words but didn't show it. "Yeah! You don't even like her!" Naruto yelled, almost regretting saying it. Shikamaru only smiled as he left the scene.

  "I don't like her!" Naruto couldn't help but smile. He quickly turned his face to hide it. "Dobe wanna get ramen? I don't wanna waste my time arguing with you." He spoke again. Naruto scoffed but agreed, he didn't want Sasuke to take back the offer. "Teme." He said under his breath, Sasuke heard it though and smiled.