Season 10 Chapter 7: Oversight

Fade in to Wash walking on a beach, and coming upon Ghost and Carolina

Ghost: Carolina, you just need to give them a chance, they're fucking idiot.

Carolina: They just guff around.

Ghost: That all they ever do.

Washington: Facility is clear.

U.N.S.C. Wind Power Facility / Present Day

Carolina: Find anything?

Washington: Nothing we didn't already know.

Carolina: Figured as much. This place was a dead end.

Washington: Sorry boss.

Carolina: The structure we're going to next. You're positive our target was there.

Washington: I know what I saw, that's why it's on our list.

Carolina: But I know what I saw. And it doesn't make any sense.

Washington: All the more reason to investigate.

Carolina: Alright then. Let's go. Let's go find C.T.

Ghost: The fake C.T..

Carolina: Right.

An incredibly nice dissolve to the distant past

Longshore Shipyards (FOB) / Many Years Ago...

A bird lands on a water jug floating in what I suppose is water, then gets shot by a sniper

Chairman: (voiceover) To the Director of Project Freelancer, Doctor Leonard Church. Dear Director, allow me to introduce myself. I am a representative of the newly formed U.N.S.C. Oversight Sub-committee. Our organization is charged with the protection of high level assets of the military, one of which recently went missing. These assets are entrusted to our programs as a privilege, not, as a right. As such, they will be safeguarded with the utmost care. In these dark times, mankind has the opportunity not only to prove its humanity, but to earn it.

While the Chairman is doing his voiceover, some stuff happens. Rewinding and picking up at the sniper shot:

Sniper: Nailed it! That's what we call a bird's-eye.

Wash and the yet-unnamed blue Freelancer emerge from the ...water?... back where the bird got shot. Behind a milk carton that says "OMG! This shit is so healthy! -Cow"

Several soldiers are milling around. Some are sharpening their blades, some are spray painting the ends of their miniguns yellow

A helicopter flies overhead from Wyoming and the blue Freelancer

Wyoming: Well, third craft this afternoon. Let's see who else is arriving.

Chairman: (voiceover) I look forward to a long, and mutually beneficial relationship for our two departments. Yours truly, Malcolm Hargrove, Assistant to the Oversight Subcommittee Chairperson.

The helicopter lands and C.T. gets out, among others. A blonde female soldier (whom I'll call "Blondie") has taken off her helmet

Soldier: It's her.

Blondie: Can't believe he trusts that bitch after what she did to us.

Cut to Wyoming's view through the sniper rifle, watching C.T.

Wyoming: There she is. Come in Command, tell the Director she's here.

The Leader: What is it?