16.

Aubrey hung her dress in the alcove off the ballroom of the Kingston House, once again amazed at its brilliant blue color. The off-the/shoulder style and intricate browsing were perfect. A fitted bodice flowed into a layered full skirt that showcased her shape. Thank goodness the owner of the shop had stepped in and found an answer to her dress conundrum.

If only everything else were that easy.

The next two days certainly wouldn't be. She was at Kingston House today to oversee the final setup. Most of tomorrow would be spent in preparation for the masquerade tomorrow night, and then there would be the event itself. Sunday she was hoping for a lazy sleep in, but as poor Luca had seen of her this week, she wasn't holding her breath that the munchkin would cooperate.

She could at least have a lazy Sunday at home, though.

She made her way through the finished hallways to the incredible kitchen Aston had had installed. It was up and running, the catering staff currently finding a home for everything. She could see Hayley laying out her plan and giving instructions on how to execute it. Having worked with the woman before, Aubrey didn't think there would be any problems there. Hayley was as thorough and organized as Aubrey.

It would all work. The food was one area Aubrey didn't have to worry a lot about, but she couldn't stop herself from going over her check list.

"Dominic, are you bumming samples?" Aubrey teases when she found the photographer in the kitchen.

He grinned. "Busted."

"We can always use an independent taste test," Hayley said.

"Then you are a more generous woman than me." Aubrey smiled. "Of course, I know how much he likes the sweet stuff.  Doesn't Avery keep you in good supply at home?"

"Don't hide away my secrets," Dominic said in a lock whisper.

"Okay....I'll distract you with a video, instead."

"Little man? He asked

"You bet."

Aubrey pulled out her phone and cues up the video Summer sent her from the night before. She's been in the other room on the phone, confirming the catering list. Her sisters had t wanted to yell and distract Luca, so they'd videoed it whole they could. Thank goodness for modern digital technology.

Dominic gasped when Luca started to show off his new crawling skills, "He's been rocking for a couple of weeks now..." Aubrey explained

"And he just took off?"

Aubrey nodded. The excited conversation attracted the attention of the career and the kitchen staff, who converged not be phone to see Aubrey's son's new and exciting prowess.

Dominic shook his head, eyeing Aubrey with a mischievous look over the crowd, "Oh, you are in trouble now, girl."

"For what?" Aston asked as he entered the room. His business voice was one she rarely heard anymore- the no-nonsense, almost stern tone he used to command and commandeer. She and the entire kitchen staff jumped.

Dominic ignored them. "Check out this video of Luca, Aston."

Aubrey suddenly felt like a kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar. The phrase not a day care roamed round and round her brain. Not only had she been discussing her son in detail during work hours, but she'd distracted the staff with the video, also.

She was disrupting their productivity and focus...Surprisingly, Aston did look at the video...actually, he frowned. The Aubrey's shock, he then swiped a finger across the phone and started the video over again.