DON'T STOP BELIEVING

You wake up and immediately start to smile. You feel great but don't really know why...
Then all that happened yesterday flashes through your mind and you now know exactly why you are so happy.
Thrilled you look at the clock next to your bed in the hotel room you slept for the last time this night.

It's 7 am. Too early for a normal Saturday.
But it's not a normal Saturday, not at all.
You just got hired to become the babysitter of the cutest little girl you know.
And today you will move into her house, so you can look after her all day.

You quickly get out of the bed and into the bathroom.
You take your time. Jeremy will be here to pick you up at 9 pm, so you can allow yourself to spend a longer while in the shower and in front of the mirror.
You sure want to celebrate the day your life changes with a stunning look.

After you finished brushing your teeth you walk back into the room.
Almost everything is already packed up into your backpack and suitcase. Only a few things, that you needed today are left.
You pick up the outfit you already prepared on the chair yesterday, so you wouldn't waste your time with choosing the right one today.

You decided to wear a shirt and a dark blue jeans, black sneakers and a matching leather jacket. The finish is a wristwatch that also goes with the whole outfit.

You take the last things that are left and put them to the rest in the backpack and check the time again. 8.50 am, perfect.
You look around the chamber you lived in for the last month for a last time.
Then you turn around, take a last deep breath and leave.
Silently the door closes behind you and you are gone.

***

You enter the lobby with the same enthusiasm you left the bed with.
You look around and smile as you see that you are the first one to be here. You didn't want Jeremy to wait for you.
He already did so much. You still remember everything that had happened here yesterday after they walked you to the hotel.

After Ava asked you to be your nanny in the evening the past day, you first couldn't believe what was happening.
You couldn't do anything but stand there and look confused.
Ava kept smiling at you, so pure and cute that you had to do something.
You still didn't manage to say something, so you just bowed down and hugged her.
She began to giggle and hugged you back.

"Is that a yes? ", she whispered in your ear and you could only nod. But you did it really hard and fast so she wouldn't think about anything else.
Still overwhelmed by the situation you let her go and got back back again.
Then you gulped and finally smiled.
" Yes", you said, "yes! I would love to take care of you. Yes! "
You had tears in your eyes, about to break up.

Ava's smile widened as she hugged you again. "But then I have to call you Chip all the time. ", she told you.
You didn't try to get anything else to be, you accepted your fate. And maybe you already got used to it, even liked it.

Later you got to know that this was the reason Jeremy had talked to the guy at the lobby and your boss.
He had already organized everything for you, so there was nothing holding you back. Impressive.

The lobby door opens and Jeremy enters, getting you back into reality.
You smile again.
"Ready for a new part of your life? ", he asks you, wearing a bright smile to.
"Yes ", you say and take his hand as you leave the lobby.

I'm sorry, it's a little short today. More tomorrow.
Heads up.