IT SHOULD BE YOU SITTING NEXT TO ME

You were crafting for five hours now. Between the sessions you made a cake, just as Ava wanted. She gave you Jeremy's apron, which got "HUG THE COOK "  written on it. She used that a few dozen times, but you didn't mind at all. She was just incredibly cute.

Now you stand in the kitchen again, taking care of the mess you made. Maybe you shouldn't have chased each other while baking...
But nothing can be proven if you eliminate all the evidences.
You look at her, eating the left over dough from all spoons. As she senses that she's watched, she turns around and smiles at you. Wide and open.

You smile back. What else can you do? As if you had the power to resist the little princess! She's wearing an apron too. There are little colorful cupcakes all over it and in the middle is written "SWEETER THAN YOUR COOKIES ". Never has an apron been more right. You bet that they chose the aprons for each other. Would definitely be something you can imagine...

You look at the table. The cake is placed in the middle, Ava is about to put every plate at its place. But as she gets a third one you stop her. As she looks at you with questioning puppy eyes, it's time for an explanation.
"Hey, don't look at me like that... ", not the best beginning, but then it can only get better, "I don't want to see you sad. "
Okay, maybe the last statement was wrong.

" Look, I love doing this with you. But we made this for your Dad, remember? I'm your nanny, I take care of you. Nevertheless it's only my first day. So you two eat together. Meanwhile I will prepare something else for you. Your Daddy was really tired, you know. He needs some nice time with you! "

She looks at you. Silent. She thinks. Then her face lights up again as she nods.
"I will cuddle him until he feels better! ", she states full enthusiasm again.
"But later you have to play with me again! Deal? "
She grins at you and you answer with a huge smile.
"Of course my princess! "

She accepts the situation and you both get back to the crafting corner to get the sloth.
She did a wonderful job. With never-ending patience she glued the newspaper again and again. Now it looks amazing. And more than just cute.

During the breaks while you were waiting you played different games.
You got a special set of cards, for magical tricks and pretended to "feel" their color or to "look " through the cards to tell which one it was. She was thrilled, but you refused to teach her. That would have destroyed the magic.

The bad thing was that you played memory after that. She was pretty good at it, but you could remember almost every single pair and quickly won most of the rounds. Which almost brought you screaming frustration from Ava. You could only stop her through the mention of Jeremy still sleeping on the couch.
It ended with her declaration to never play memory with you again, because you could look through the cards.
You laughed and switched the game.

She also showed you the room you were allowed to call your own now.
It was almost empty and as you asked her why, you got an surprising answer.
Jeremy had cleared it, leaving only the necessary furniture.
The reason was that he wanted you to choose what was going to be decoration or in the room at all.
He did it all yesterday, before that, it was a guest room. Now that she explains it you can remember him saying something like that in the car before.

You take the sloth and carry it to the kitchen where you place it at the chair back.
Ava lets her critical gaze wander over the table for a last time, then she nods, pleased with her work.
You smile at her.

"Can I borrow a book from you, for the time I wait? ", you ask.
She agrees and walks away again. You follow her, expecting to end up in her room again. But no, that's not where she went.
As she enters the room she wanted to go, she turns to you and opens her arm, a gesture to the whole room.
" Pick whatever you want! ", she says, a happy smile on her face.
She can tell you are impressed, and she definitely likes it.

You are standing in a library. Bookshelfs fill the whole room, you can see no walls. Bewerten them are several chairs. They look really comfortable.
You smile at her. This house is surprising. But you like that. You guess that much of your free time is going to be spend here.
As she sees your gaze wandering hungrily around the books, she laughs and allows you to stay here instead of your room.

You smile at the little angel. She doesn't know what amazing gift she made you.
You thank her and pull her into a hug.
Then you put up a serious face and send her to wake Jeremy.
They two are going to have a great afternoon.

And so are you.

Hello again everyone.
How are you?
I often heard that my Ava is really cute, so first of all, THANK YOU. I just hope that it's not too childish for a seven year old girl, but as long as you like it, I'm happy too.
I gave up on making promises for next chapters, so, you'll see it when it's there.
Let it be a surprise!
Love you

Claire