Regret.

Hinata's POV
I can't believe it. I...told him. Maybe he's too dumb and won't realize that I actually have feelings for him? Maybe he'll just think I was trying to make him jealous as a sort of "fighting" thing? I'm scared...no - terrified. Like I've just been caught doing something bad red-handed. Please be stupid and don't realize it. Please, please be dumb! I don't want him to know. I want to stay friends. I don't want to gross him out.

"I- you did all this...to see how I'd react?! Are you stupid? Trying to start a fight because you think you're so high and mighty? Huh? Well, guess what! Two can play that game! Just wait and see! Starting tomorrow, I'm not tossing to you unless necessary!" Kageyama yelled, scrunching his eyes. He was beyond mad...but thankfully he didn't figure it out. It made me wonder though. What Tsukki had said. Did he...actually like me? Or was that just Tsukki being the "King of Salt"?

Ugh! I wish I could read his mind sometimes. It's hard to understand what he's thinking, because he always has this annoyed face. That or he usually just looks calm-

"Wait, what? You're not tossing to me anymore? What about our quick attack? We need to work on it to improve it and make it better!" The realization struck me like a bullet. He wasn't going to toss to me anymore. Ever? Why? Because I pulled a stupid stunt? Because I wanted to see if Kageyama actually liked me back? This is stupid! I did all this and I still don't know if the volleyball idiot even likes me or not. This all just ended in me becoming a random girls boyfriend, a broken heart, a failed attempt at trying to see Kageyama's true feelings, and now I'm going to be stripped away the privileges of spiking Kageyama's sets. Great.

Seriously though. What's the big deal? I thought he liked me? Shouldn't he be...well...happy that it turns out I like him back? Or- oh...wait. I never really told him I liked him, did I? No...so I guess it's my fault? Do I really want to tell him though? I mean, Tsukki explained everything to me in great detail, so I know he - maybe - likes me. Why'd he go to Tsukki for advice though? That's weird... anyway! I'm going to tell him! It's time I finally just took all my bottled up feelings, opened the cap, and let it pour out all over Kageyama. It's been...what...a year since I started liking him?

"Kageyama! I did it because I wanted to see if you liked me back! But...now I know...maybe... - thanks to Tsukki - that you actually do like me! When he told me, I almost squealed in excitement," I clutched my shirt, feeling the pressure of finally telling him get to me. I was scared, but also weirdly relieved. I opened my mouth to continue, but my throat felt too dry. I felt like coughing. I looked away from Kageyama, feeling his gaze pierce into me. His big, beautiful blue eyes were watching my every move. Like a crow stalking its prey. Waiting for it's next move. Waiting to scoop it up and carry it home. Waiting...to devour it. I shivered, but kept going.

"I wanted to tell you sooner...under the blossom tree. I wanted to let you know how I felt, but...I was afraid. I was afraid you didn't like me back, so I thought that if I were to get a girlfriend and tell you about it, I could see how you reacted and determined whether or not you liked me. But, now I'm realizing all the damage I've done. My emotions got the best of me, and I didn't even know what I was doing. All of this was for nothing. Now I have to tell this poor girl I never really liked her. Now you hate me. Now you won't toss to me. Now...now I feel like a failure," I felt tears trickle down my face. Like small streams of water.

I looked up to see Kageyama's face. He looked unimpressed. This is what I feared. Maybe he didn't like me back? Maybe Tsukki was lying? I held my breath, waiting for Kageyama's response. I wanted to run away and forget everything. I wanted to run and hide somewhere to cry, but my legs weren't moving. I couldn't move. Out of fear? No. It was because I was genuinely curious as to see what Kageyama's answer was. Did he like me back? Does he officially hate me? Is he going to reject or accept me? The suspense of the matter was killing me. It was like a dramatic romance movie, where the protagonist spills their feelings out and the lover accepts and they have a happily ever after...