Karma?

The morning light shone through the wide opened window, making the darkness within the room disappear.

A woman is sleeping peacefully on the soft wide bed, close to her side there's a figure of a man, laying his head on side of the bed, while the rest of his body remain as a sitting posture on the chair. His hair disheveled, his face sunk, clearly indicated he haven't take good care of himself lately.

Their child have already been born for 3 weeks, it's a healthy boy with the looks identical to his father yet his mother still remain in coma.

It's a miracle that she still able to preserve her life after all of that incident.

Astra cut off his tied with his wife's family, he didn't need those heartless people to come into her life for a second time.

A soft moment on the bed jogging him to wake up.

Her eyes lids flutter, she slowly opens her eyes, revealing a hazy looking azure pupils.

"Amelia? You're finally awake!, quickly servant call the doctor!"

He squish her hand delightfully, trying his best to contain his happiness and act reserve.

"Err..hmm...who are you?"

His smile froze,

"Amelia, It's me astra, your husband"

"Husband?"

"Yes, your husband" Astra try his best to not break down in panic.

Maybe her mind is a bit muddle upon waking from her coma.

"I'm sorry-" Amelia was cut off.

"No darling. You didn't do anything wrong. It was me..."

"No, I'm sorry, I'm unable to remember who you are. "

"What-?" Astra felt as if his entire world have been crumble down.

"You see sir, I don't even know what my name is, much less our relation."

Sir

Astra feel as a long blade is struck though his heart.

Amelia who used to call him "dear" is now totally unfamiliar with him. Totally forget about him. He's A total stranger to her.

"Sir? Are you alright?"

"No...no.......yes...baby...if you see our baby you might remember!"

Astra quickly dash out and walked back to the room with a small bundle in his arm.

"This is our Son, Amelia. Do you remember?"

Amelia looks at the unfamiliar person and the small blue bundle in front of her. Nothing come to her mind, really.

"He really does look exactly like you" she gave out a random comment as she really have no clues at all.

Why? Just when I think we would become a happy family....why didn't you remember me?

Was it my karma?

That moment, the doctor finally come, easing the tension in the room.