bonus

It was a gleaming crisp chilled day in January, and the breeze from the open balcony hitting right into Nayel's face who was taking an afternoon nap

It was a gleaming crisp chilled day in January, and the breeze from the open balcony hitting right into Nayel's face who was taking an afternoon nap. "Please, shut those doors." He groaned to his wife, who was sitting in front of the dressing table, lost in her thoughts.

"NAYEL, M-my I-I." She sobbed a little, stuttering on her words.

This instantly woke him up from his sleep and rushed towards her who was staring at the mirror and weeping. Kneeling to her height, he gently caressed her cheeks and leaned his face closer to her asking,

"What's wrong Naira?"

"N-Nayel, I, t-think I a-am-"

"You are what? Calm down and say." He probed.

"I think I'm getting o-old." She said looking herself in the mirror and stroking her hair.

"What!? For this small thing, you cried now?" He laughed saying.

"Small thing? It's not small. See, my hair fall is increasing and soon I would be growing grey hairs." She apprised.

"No Naira, you are still young and beautiful as I am still handsome." He winked at her. "And, we would grow old together."

"We? No, you are smaller than me." Now she teased him. He hated when Naira called him small and young.

"Yes, I am smaller than you. But why do you have to remind me this all the time!?" He got annoyed.

"Aww, looks like my smallest baby is sad huh?" She starting poking and tickling him but stopped when he stood up and crushed her into a hug.

"Naira..."

"Mmm?"

"How about a-" His words stopped in mid-sentence when a creek cry was heard from downstairs.

"Looks like they fought." They both said chuckling and stepped down, where the roar was heard.

The scenario in front of them was cute, funny and heart touching at the same time. Their two-year-old daughter was on the floor, crying her heart out and a barbie doll in her hand. Near to Nafeela, sat her big brother who was slightly hugging his friend Fiza, in a protecting manner who was also mourning.

"What happened?" They asked Naim.

"Mama, Dada, she took away Fiza's doll and is not giving her back." Their five and a half-year-old son complained.

Naira bend down to her daughter and picked her up, calming her down and trying to take the doll from her hand. But, she was gripping tightly to it.

"And, what is this?" Nayel winked and asked his son indicating the slight hug.

"Dada, it is said that we should hug a pershon who is crying." The small boy spoke maturely.

"Oh, is that so? Then what about your sister? She was also crying." Naira asked smiling, folding her hands on the chest, raising her eyebrows.