Introduction

AN: Hello, lovelies!

Welcome to "Gaia." (I've seen it pronounced Guy-uh or Gay-uh, for anyone unfamiliar with the word.  It can also be spelled Gaea.) I hope you enjoy the ride.  A few things before we begin.

1.) This is, obviously, a fanfic.   While it depicts people from real life, it is not intended to mirror their beliefs, behaviors, or reactions to the situations herein.

2.) This fic features religion.  It is not meant as an accurate depiction of any particular faith, extinct or extant.  It is not intended to be a reflection of my own thoughts or religious beliefs.  It will also contain original ideas and religious practices that do not exist in our known world.  

3.) The basis for this fic came from an original story I started writing sometime between 2002 and 2004 while I was at Uni.  Naturally, the original characters used to represent the Guardians and Gaia were not a South Korean boy band.  However, I have kept some of their original quirks and incorporated them into the boys.  The original story is currently lost somewhere in the dust-covered volumes of data CDs that live in my house.  I may never find it, but it really was a pretty cool story, so I'm hoping to give it new life by turning it into a fic for you all to enjoy.

4.) This fic depicts a variety of relationship dynamics, both hetero- and homosexual.  Some are conventional, some are not.  Please be open-minded when reading.  Hate, bigotry, and intolerance will be met with actions including, but not limited to, deletion of comments and reporting to Wattpad.

5.) Similarly, please be aware that, due to the cycles of death and rebirth, even though they are phenotypically male, some affiliates are female.  This could potentially affect their current reincarnations' behaviors.  It does not make the characters transgender or gender-fluid.  Those familiar with my writing know that I have no issue going outside the cisbox.  But for this particular story, all the Guardians will identify as their male birth gender, despite having a female affiliate. (I.e.: Jeongguk and Gaia)  The female affiliate may affect their thinking patterns, though.  As above, any intolerance of these concepts will not be entertained.

6.) THAT said, if you have a genuine question or concern regarding the concepts of non-binary genders, sexualities, self-identities, or anything else (ANYTHING else, doesn't have to be related to this story at all!), please feel free to send me a DM.  I'm a 36-year-old pansexual bad ass who is happy to try to help people understand things that may confuse them, or make them uncomfortable.  I'm non-judgmental and will try my best to help.  I just ask that you pose your question in a civil manner so we can have an open and honest discussion.

7.) Moving on to less serious shit, I suck at making covers.  I apologize profusely for not having anything spectacular as of yet.  The one I made took FOREVER to make all glow-y.  Hopefully it isn't too embarassing.

8.) I will use Jeongguk and Jungkook interchangeable depending on the situation, as the former is his real name and the latter his stage name, same as the rest of the guys... Except Jimin since, ya know, his real name and stage name are the same thing...  Anyway, don't come in crying about me 'spelling Jungkook's name wrong!'  I didn't.  That said, feel free to use whichever version in comments that you'd like.  It would be the same as calling Yoongi Suga.  They're the same bloody person.

9.) Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Cast of Characters