Crash (part 2)

Josh and Shawn were sitting across from each other in the cafeteria, both a serious look on their face. "So, I spoke to Maya this morning," Shawn spoke up.

Josh's eyes widened slightly. "I'm sorry. I know I should've asked you and Katy first, but-"

Shawn interrupted him, a small smile on his face. "It's okay. We understand." He turned serious again. "I just want to make sure you actually mean it. That you didn't ask her just because of the accident."

Josh shook his head, "no, no!" He said panicked. "I would never. I'd never do that to her."

"Calm down," Shawn assured him. "We know you love her. I just wanted to know this wasn't a spur of the moment thing."

"No," Josh shook his head again, a small, thoughtful smile on his face. "I've been thinking about it for a while now. The crash," he visibly shuddered, "I thought I'd never get the chance to ask her."

Shawn nodded in understanding. "Good. And for the record, you have our approval."

"So," Josh said, "I heard she should be getting discharged in two days."

"Ah," Shawn smirked, "you want to take her home with you?"

"If she wants to," Josh agreed. "I took off of work so I could help her with her recovery. I want to be there for her every day of her recovery and then every day after that."

A wide smile appeared on Shawn's face. "I never doubted you, Little Matthews." It was silent for a second, before he added, "if Maya's okay with it, it's fine with us too."

He stood up and placed a hand on the younger man's shoulder. "Come on. Enough serious talk for one day. Let's take some treats up to our girls. I'm sure they'll be very grateful." He winked.

Josh smiled as he followed Shawn back upstairs.