Earthly stars

They reappeared in a dense forest. The patches of night sky, that made their way through the huddled trees, were clogged up by cotton clouds.
    "Where are we?" Albus asked drinking in the surrounding.
"At the ends of the Earth" Gellert remarked, superbly. Albus raised an eyebrow.
"I want to show you the stars" Gellert gave in.
      Albus looked up once more to see if his previous observation was faltered. 
     "not the best night for star gazing, don't you think?" He put in playfully, smiling at Gellert.
      "Follow me."

     The two men traversed the forest floors. Their clothes and bare skin being ripped by stray branches and wild roots.
     Albus clenched his palm. He noticed that it was still maimed. The passion that had inflamed him moments ago rekindled. He followed Gellert's silhouette and watched, awed, at the  few beams of moonlight that trickled through, reflect off his beguiling curls, turning them silver instead of gold.

    Grindelwald stopped.
    "In here" he said pointing at a stooped cave. Albus noticed a strange aura receding from the cavern. Was it magic? He wondered.
     "Gellert, what's this about?"
     "It won't be long now. You'll see" Albus entered the grotto cautiously, his wand raised, Gellert a few paces ahead of him. An inky blackness poured over them. He couldn't see a thing. What was it Gellert wanted him to see in this abyss? Was it merely rhetorical? A joke he cooked up?
     Gellert lit his wand. His mismatched eyes scavenged the withered rocky walls of the cavern. His lips tugged upwards when he caught a pair of blue sapphires, glinting at him furiously.
      "Come on" He motioned at Albus who lit his wand as well.
They moved in deeper. Albus could feel the cavern floor starting to incline. It's rocky ground becoming murkier by the second. He guessed that a body of water laid close by...

    The twain were drenched up-to the knees. Gellert stretched out his hand and Albus stopped immediately. Grindelwald brandished his wand and both their lights snuffed out. The tenebrosity descended instantly and from it emerged bright blue lights that were plastered in constellations, that had never been seen before. No... they weren't inanimate Albus thought as his eyes adjusted to the foreign spectacle. He could see thin electric blue threads cascading from the glowing creatures. He recalled the great hall's ceiling that was bewitched to look like the heavens above, but this scene overshadowed it by far. They were alive... nature outstripped the greatest sorcerer.
     Albus wished he could grow eight more pairs of eyes. He wanted to see everything. Every intricate detail, every swish of movement. He could wait here for days...For all eternity. It took him awhile to realize that the azure critters weren't the only ones being observed.
     Gellert was staring intently at him. His mismatched eyes flickering brightly. It was evident that he found Albus far more intriguing than Earth bound stars.
As a matter of fact Gellert had brought him here because their bluish tinge reminded him distinctively of Dumbledore's irises. 
     "I knew you'd like it" Gellert said grinning at Albus.
     "Like it! They're... I can't even explain.How by Merlin did you find this place? We're halfway around the world" Albus burst out so fast it was hard to follow his speech. Grindelwald chuckled and walked up to face Albus.
     "I was expecting a thank you, but the look on your face was pri-"
     Gellert was pushed to the wall and this time, Albus, closed the gap.