Hogsmeade

They re-emerged a few feet from a wooden shack. Gellert was spinning around in circles, eyeing everything.
"We should go there and there and..." he went on and on pointing at treen signs above the cottage like stores.
"When we wizards rule we'll have more dating locations, like this. Honestly I can't believe there's only one."
"Dating? I thought we're here to pick up groceries" Albus put in, his eyebrow raised.
"Oh, come on now. We can't just be here for groceries." He prodded Dumbledore's hand tenderly.
"Fine." Albus sighed "you'll love this place. Come on" he motioned and the two were off.

Gellert was hopping around with excitement. Albus, by his side was wholly unabashed. He had grown use to Grindelwald's giddiness. (In fact he found it very attractive)
"So Hogwarts isn't far off from here, is it?"
"Nope. You can get a glimpse of the castle across the lake" They came to a halt.
"Ooo... is this the place?" Gellert said excitedly pointing at the sign post above an emporium.
"The three broom sticks" Gellert read aloud his eyes as thin as slits.
"Sounds great" he hummed and pushed through the door. Albus followed.
The bar was filled with people, leaving only two or three tables unoccupied at the very far end of the room.
"Go save a table, I'll get us drinks" and Albus hurried off to the counter.
"A firewhiskey and a butter beer, please"
"BUTTERBEER! That's outrageous" Gellert said clearly appalled.
"Your underage, Gellert." Albus affirmed calmly.
"But I'm gorgeous!"
"How does that change anything?" Albus asked the ends of his mouth tugging upwards.
Gellert grimaced.
"At least get us the same legally suitable for wizards of all age drink".
The bartender who was listening intently to the teenage argument beamed at them.
"nice to see you Albus. So is that two butter beers now?" He said glancing for a moment at Gellert.
"Good to see you too Ronan and I suppose so, yes."
"Friend of yours?" Ronan asked looking at Gellert. "Haven't seen him in here before"
"Er... yes. This is Gellert, Gellert Grindelwald. He's here on vacation" They shook hands.
"And you are?"
"Matthew Ronan"
"And just between us Ronan, we're actually boy-" Albus stepped on his foot.
"Desperately in need of a drink. So if you don't mind hurrying" Albus covered up looking around nervously.
"Oi what was that for?" Gellert asked so only Albus could hear.
"Sorry. I-I'll explain later" he said as he grabbed the butter beer and hurried to the table furthest from the counter...

"We might not be accepted here, or about anywhere else for that matter. I know the wizarding world is more progressive than the muggles but this-" he said pointing at himself and then at Grindelwald.
"-I just don't want any trouble, okay"
"Hmm... I completely understand" Gellert kept his palm reassuringly on Albus'. They both smiled.
"On a happier note, this legal for underage wizards drink is amaaazing" Gellert dragged the last note. Albus chuckled.
"You could have literally just said butter beer and...you're welcome"
"Here's a deal buy me eight more of these and I might just be able to forgive you for having a go with firewhiskey" Albus shook his head knowingly and smirked.
"Getting drunk at 10 in the morning. Not the best idea, Gellert."
"Did you not hear me! The alcoholic content in this is naught"
"Alright, alright" Albus raised his hands in surrender. "One more round and we're off to buy groceries. Agreed."
"Agreed" Gellert chimed back thrilled.
Their one more round lasted much longer than predicted...

Albus found conversing with Gellert as easy as breathing. As the saying goes they got on like a caldron on fire.
The hours ticked by and the duo found themselves burning through discussions and quarrels about the deathly hallows (an obsession of theirs) and the way in which muggles would be treated in their new world order.
"They should be regarded respectfully. Their works, especially in the humanities, far exceeds our own and I must add that their scientific knowledge is quite remarkable. Darwin's 'on the origin of species' and Newton's 'Principia Mathematica' are astounding reads." Albus remarked.
"Interesting... your quite the muggle lover" Gellert adds, the accusation in his voice evident.
"I'm just trying to stress the fact that we're intending to rule over them not because they're lesser but for their own good. Muggle achievements must be appreciated and rightfully so since they were all attained without magic"
"So you would choose goodness over greatness?"Albus paused for a moment to think. He recalled one of the first letters he ever sent Grindelwald.
"Why not both" he added still thinking. "We seize control for the greater good" Gellert seemed to have remembered the previous note as well.
"On this rock, I will build my church" with this he went into a trance...
"Gellert! Are you alright?" Albus was shaking him.
"Wha...oh yes. Just dozed off. I suppose the booze is getting to me." Albus didn't look satisfied with his answer but he asked no more about it.
"We better get going it's past noon" they walked out of the three broomsticks the bell chiming behind them.
"You've read the Bible?" Albus asked curiously.
"I almost chocked on my drink back there"
"Parts of it. Why?"
"I thought you found muggle literature beneath you" Albus teased.
"Well it's a book about an influential sorcerer who still has muggles on their knees, almost 2000 years after his death." Albus looked impressed.
"He wasn't even that powerful if you ask me. Turning water to wine, multiplying loaves and walking on water. Any magical child could perform those deeds. His words though, quite inspiring if you're trying to gather up a following" Albus found himself lost in thought.
"Do you believe in god?" He asked after a beat.
"No." Gellert replied nonchalantly
  "and you?"
"I don't know."...