Chapter Eight

Drink. An odd request. Nothing could be that simple. Life had taught her that much. There was obviously something special about this wine. Was it even wine? A hand on her shoulder brought her from her thoughts. Dwayne was looking down at her, an unreadable expression on his face. She met his stare, not looking away. Dwayne's eyes wandered toward the bottle and back to her, his head tilting to the side as he did. This was an initiation. They were welcoming her in. This was them inducting her into the family. Her eyes wandered to Michael, seeing him watching their interaction with a confused glint in his eyes. Traveling back to Dwayne, she saw him give a short nod to her unvoiced question. Michael is coming with me. Placing her hand on top of Dwayne's own, she gave it a soft squeeze and released it. Her eyes turned toward Marko who was still holding the bejeweled bottle with a worried look in his eyes. It seems like Dwayne is not the only one who thinks that I won't drink. A soft smile grew on her face as she reached to take the bottle from Marko. A similar smile bloomed on his face as a response. The bottle was cold in her grasp, the jewels pressing into her skin. The weight of it a reminder of what she was about to do. A life she was about to start.

Paul's voice rang out in the silence of the cave, "Come on, lil bit. You're taking forever."

"I'm sure you have nothing but time, Paul."

Quiet laughter met her response. Raising the bottle to her lips, she met David's gaze. His glacial blues had melted in the firelight. The usual smirk that quirked his lips was absent. In its place was a small smile. He looked calm. Relaxed. Happy. Bell would do anything to keep that look on him. The rim of the wine bottle touched her bottom lip. Making sure her eyes did not leave David's, she murmured, "Bottoms up."

And she drank. The flavor that met her taste buds head on was indescribable. She could not help herself from taking another gulp. It was pure warmth. Spice met her tongue along with what she could only compare to dark chocolate. Addicting. Ripping the bottle from her mouth, she let Marko take it from her. She did not care what he did with it. All of her attention was on the man lounged underneath her. Waiting. He was waiting for her, watching her reaction. His eyes roamed over her face, taking in everything. One hand reached up and ran a leather covered digit down her cheekbone. Bell's eyes slid shut at the feeling. Physical touch was a weakness of hers. She craved it. And it seemed like David was aware of it by the mischievous glint in his eyes. That same hand found itself at the base of her neck, running through her hair. Her head fell back, and a soft sigh left her lips as a result. She could feel his body tense at the sound. Her own hands ran up his chest before grasping onto his shoulders, pulling herself flush against him. The hand at her neck pulled her face closer to his own. She leaned her forehead against his, breathing him in.

"I burn, David."

The hand in her hair tightened as David took a deep breath. His cool lips brushed over her cheek as he whispered, "Soon, flower."

"What is happened to me?"

A small smile curled his lips, "Fate."

Bell was so lost in him that she failed to hear the cheering of her brother's name behind her. Marko was suddenly behind the two of them, his hands grasping the wheelchair handles. Bell leaned back from David and smiled at him.

"You taking us for a ride?"

"Only the best for my little sis."

Bell wiped away a fake tear and turned to face the others, her lapse in control forgotten.

"Onward peasant."

It was beyond cold outside. Each exhale fanned in front of her. It was odd. Santa Carla was known for the heat. It was the middle of summer. How could it possibly be cold? Train tracks greeted the growing group as they dismounted their bikes. David's arm wrapped around her shoulders, holding her close to his side. Dwayne strolled on her other side, a silent companion that she gloried in. Paul and Marko argued comically behind them. Bell saw her brother out of the corner of her eye fighting back a smile at their antics.

"So, what's going on?"

"Michael wants to know what's going on. Marko, what's going on?"

David's voice was light, but Bell could sense he wanted to stir up trouble. Marko hopped up to the bat, "I don't know. What is going on, Paul?"

Paul stopped strumming his invisible guitar, "What a minute. Who wants to know?"

Marko jumped back in, "Michael wants to know."

The boys laughed at each other as David finished, "I think we should tell Michael what's going on."

Bell was in awe of them. They worked as well as a well-oiled machine. They bounced off of each other, finishing each other's sentences. The sight of it brought a wide smile on her face. She breathed in the night air as David called, "Marko."

Marko was nibbling on his thumb with a smirk on his face. His eyes wandered over the others before landing on Michael, "Goodnight, Michael."

And with that, he jumped. Bell's heart leaped out of her chest and a breath left her in a hurry. Gripping the hand that David had on her waist, she tried to steady herself. He is fine. Marko must be fine. They would not bring us here to kill us and themselves

He is fine, flower. Trust us.

David's voice washed through her mind, leaving behind a trail of cool calm. She watched as Paul wandered closer to the edge. He was smiling as he looked at Bell. Snapping his fingers, he jumped into the fog. Dwayne was cool and calm as he went, leaving the final three on the tracks. David's hand left her waist and trailed down to her hand, clasping it in his own. He began to pull her to the edge. Michael was quick to jump to his sister's other side, grasping her other hand.

"What are you doing? Do you want to die?"

His voice grew louder with each yelled question. Bell knew that he was scared. If she did not know the others, then she would be scared as well.

"Michael, trust me."

"Come with us, Michael."

Belladonna shook her hand free from her twin's and followed David. With one last look at her brother, they were gone. The fog welcoming them home.

AN: Hey there readers! Just wanted to say that I hope that you are enjoying this story so far. It should be finished up soon. Semester has started and my brain will be a mess because of it. Make sure that you are staying safe with everything that is going on right now. Much love - Sierra