CHAPTER 2

"Good morning, please sit comfortably. How are you feeling today?" Said Chelsey.

"Yes. Good morning sister... I'm fine thank you"

Chelsy was already waiting for her in the garden, Mathilde noticed and sighed inwardly...

'I thought I would have had the time to wander around the garden a bit before lunch, I even came a few minutes earlier to prepare myself mentally, but it seems that it won't be possible -SIGH-' She thought while sitting down.

The silence that surrounded the table was becoming heavier by the second so she braced herself and started the conversation.

"I've heard you've been busy lately... so busy that you would eat in your study and go to bed late. You should take care of your health as well sister."

But at her remarks a silent gaze, from the swollen and slightly red eyes that stood opposite to hers, fell on her.

After a few seconds of silence, Chelsy recomposed herself and, hiding the accumulated fatigue with a sweet smile, said "Oh yes, it's been quite hectic lately, but don't worry i'm fine and i get plenty of sleep and food" In a reassuring manner.

"Ah then it's fine... but you should still take breaks from time to time!"

"All right, afterall i can't have my little sister worry." She replied with a bright smile.

Then the main dish was served and they started eating in silence, while listening to the chirping of the birds and the sound of the breeze between the trees, however this time the atmosphere wasn't as awkward as a few days before, it was actually quite pleasant.

In-between the meal they had short conversations and exchanged a bit of small talk. Then dessert arrived, a series of delicious gluttonies were laid on the table, it was an amazing sight for sore eyes.

It had been quite a while since the last time she had eaten anything of the sort and she was craving for sweets.

Since she was little, she would eat sweets every time she was down or when she was particularly relaxed, and she quite enjoyed teatime, but since she had found herself in the Frye estate she hadn't been able to eat any, the mansion felt foreign and until just a few days ago she still didn't know the location of the kitchen and especially where sweets where stored.

She was quite close with the kitchen maids at her old estate, they would even leave some sweets for her everyday: leftover chocolate pieces, used for bakery, or muffins and biscuits, sometimes they'd even leave strawberries and sugar.

Chelsy immediately caught the glimmer in her sister's eyes. 'She looks just like a little child... ahh this brings back memories.'

She was sure that, even if her little sister couldn't remember anything, she would still like her favourite desserts and so she had ordered the chef to prepare a small version of each of them so that she could taste them all again.

On the other hand, in Mathilde head a series of questions had popped up when she noticed that the desserts just kept coming 'Why are there so many? Why aren't they stopping? Are we having guests??'

But, as Chelsy started eating, she realized 'Oh my god don't tell me they are all for us! Not even by eating sweets at lunch and dinner for two whole days would we be able to finish them all!'

'I should share some with the maids and the Butler...mnmn i don't really know their tastes, guess i'll take some with different flavors and ask them after...'

And then a thought crossed her mind. It was something she had put aside since she was still getting adjusted to the place: she needed to know what would happen to the Frye family in the next year & a' half to lead them to the tragic ending she had witnessed before turning back in time.