¤5¤

“A gift?”
“I'll leave you a good memory.”

Originally, Juwell was thinking of erasingthe memory of the rune first and foremost. However, doing so will prevent the wound from healing properly. The memory disappears, but the wounds remains in the soul without even knowing it. So, I decided to sculpt the memory carefully. Not to leave a wound even unconsciously.

But Rune said something unexpected again.

“Miss witch, can you not erasing the memories?”

"That's not allowed."

“Well, then, please leave my gratitude for the witch!”

Juwell pondered for a moment. It will be much more troublesome.

But.

“Okay, I’ll make your wish come true. I wish you a comfortable sleep.”

Lastly, the rune's vision turned black.

* * *

A north castle of the imperial palace. The mansion of the Grand Duke of Bright, Peridot. Grand Duke Youthnen opened his eyes brightly.

“Haa, haa”
He took a rough breath.

'That dream again.’

Grand Duke Youthnan always dreamed of Estelle. When he was a young boy, he dreamed of meeting her again, and after that day. He dreamed of a scene where she would die.

“.…”

Drip.

A drop of tears flowed from the eyes of Grand Duke Youthnan. No matter how much time passed, the sadness did not fade.

'She dead with a very terrible death. But what’s the use of being a Grand Duke or whatever?'

Grand Duke Peridot of 'Brightness'. It was a family with angelic blood. He became the one who awakened the blood of an angel from generation to generation, and Youthnan, the successor, had awakened 13 years ago.

And then. A terrible incident occurred.

'You are doing such a terrible thing!'
'You have to kill it!'

‘It’s not my fault…’
The tragedy at that time was not his fault. But nobody tried to listen. In the end, when he was about to die with his empty eyes, only one, Estelle, embraced him. And he took care of him and ‘healed’ him.

Afterwards, he survived all trials with the hope of seeing Estelle again and completely awakened the angelic blood, but it was meaningless. There was no Estelle now in the world. That fact made my heart tingle again.

'Without you, what does this world mean?'

Youthnan sighed deeply.

He called the Count of Median. Now all he had left was his mission as the Grand Duke of brightness to punish the darkness.

“What was the results of the investigation of the great darkness that appeared on that day?”

“Yes, Your Highness. There is one peculiar thing.”

"What is it?"
Grand Duke Youthnan put on his glasses and looked at the Count Median. And Yusnen, who heard the
report of Count Median, was noticed something.

“Duke Garnet?”

“Yes, young lady Juwell, the ugly spoiled young lady of Duke Garnet, said she had an accident near there that day.

Juwell.

The name passed through the face of Grand Duke Youthnan.

'Are we talking about that vicious young lady, the prince's fiancee?'