¤9¤

Chapter 1-2 The Devil's Miracle.

It was Viscount Enrique.

He sat in front of Juwell, frowning.

"Why do you sit?"

"I have a something to say."
Juwell frowned.

'I have to eat parfait.'

It was a precious ice cream so it's a waste if it's melting.

"You can listen while eating, right?"

"..... okay."

Viscount Enrique's eyes become complicated.

"How did you do it that day?"

Juwell responded without sincerity, moving the spoon.
"I already told you. It's only intuition. About poison, It's just that i hear it from the previous Saint Estelle once."

"No I mean, it doesn't make sense.....!"

"Father."

This time she was eating the vanilla ice cream.

Hmm as expected strawberry taste better.

"No matter how I found out, what does that have to do with you, father?"

".....!"

"I didn't do as bad as I did before, Is there any need to be overly interested in me?"

Juwell still looked at the parfait.

What should she eat next?
Strawberry? Vanilla? Snacks? Or maybe juice? Or the cherry stuck next to it?

That's how she focus on the parfait. That's why, she avoided Viscount Enrique's scary gaze.

'It's better to draw a line.'
Juwell admitted.
'Because he is someone I can't hate.'

It's just a few meetings. But she could see more clearly that Viscount Enrique was a good father. It was clear to see that he was sending out gaze that seemed like they were going to bite her like that.

'In my previous life, I wished I had seen that kind of look from my father at least once.'

The voice of the old 'father' passed by.

'Why a thing that I don't even want is born?'

Medicine, political science, economics, art, speech, etc. She heard monster sounds all over the field. The fact that I tried so desperately was because she wanted to be recognized by her father.

Viscount Enrique was a good father who couldn't even be compared to her father at that time.

So she had to draw the line even more. She didn't want to fool such a person.

"Honestly..... We weren't so close before. There will be nothing to do or trouble in the future, so please return with ease."

Focusing on the parfait, she still don't want to see Viscount Enrique's eyes until the end.

But the Viscount Enrique did something unexpected. He said something with a deep sigh.
"You are my daughter, Juwell."

".....!"

The reflection of Juwel's red eyes in the glass shook in a flash.

"I have to protect you."
Viscount Enrique bite his lip.
"If it's like this, do you think brother will leave you alone? You are near death with this incident."

"..... Seems like grandfather's condition is very bad?"

"Yes it's too late. Unless Saint Estelle returns alive, father can't survive. And as expected, brother will be the family head."