Alcohol

Ava knew how to keep herself within bounds when it came to drinking. Only today's party, organized in honor of the birthday of the Will, is clearly an exception. And the thing was, Connor didn't show up because of an unscheduled operation. Ava had never been angry with a job that took his man away from her, but this was a different story.

Robin, who had already divorced her partner, suddenly appeared and asked Connor to operate on her mother. The main thing was that she had persuaded Rhodes so hard that Ava felt sick, because She had become a casual witness to the drama that had unfolded. Maybe Ava was exaggerating, remembering Connor's big smile when he'd met Robin, but She couldn't stop screwing herself up.

In the end, having decided on the best solution - to have fun with friends, Ava drank a lot of alcoholic beverages. By the way, she started with harmless cocktails.

Leaning on the bar, barely able to stand, Ava stubbornly reached for some beautiful drink, only the glass was taken right out of her hands.

"Ava, I think you've had enough" Natalie said softly, taking her elbow. "I'll call Connor".

"He's busy" Ava said in a monotone, rolling her eyes. "He has more important things to do, like obsessive Robin, who chose the one where my boyfriend works out of all the clinics. Nat, you should have seen the way she made eyes at him. 

"Oh" Natalie chuckled, pulling Bekker down onto the nearest sofa for safety. "I think you're exaggerating. It's just that Connor is the best cardiac surgeon".

"Not-a" smug smirked at Ava, due to the high level of alcohol in the blood, becoming more directly. "She just wants to be under Rhodes".

"Okay" Halstead said, looking around, even though she knew no one would hear them in the noise. "I call Connor".

"Don't" Ava grumbled, stretching out comfortably on the entire sofa, not bothered by the fact that she was wearing a short, tight dress that immediately jumped too high to look decent.

While Natalie tried to call Connor, Ava, still confident on her feet, went back behind the bar, picked up the first cocktail she saw, wincing at the harsh taste.

She had finished two drinks of the nasty stuff, even wondering why she had drunk it at all, since it was terrible. However, the logic fell asleep.

Hearing the rhythmic music, Ava moved closer to the dance floor, feeling her cheeks burn. Swaying her hips in time to the monosyllabic track, she completely relaxed, looking so incredible and sexy that everyone's attention was drawn to her.

Connor's unexpected arrival didn't affect her in any way. Ava continued to dance, enjoying the moment when all the bad thoughts left her head.

"Ava, what are you doing?" he caught her, put his hand on her waist, and gently pulled her aside, holding her firmly in place.

"Dr. Rhodes, have you decided to come?" Ava said sarcastically, tossing her head to keep from falling, thanks to Connor's hands.

"How much did you drink?" Connor frowned as he picked up his coat and immediately put it on Ava.

"It doesn't matter" Ava said, dropping her outer clothing to the floor in spite of herself, refusing to leave, walking briskly back to the center of the fun.

Patiently picking up his coat, Connor followed Ava, smiling awkwardly at will, who shrugged helplessly.

"Ava, let's go home, you've had a lot to drink, and it's getting late" Connor insisted, more and more inclined to take Bekker away by force.

"I'm not Robin, go to her and tell her what to do" Ava spat out resentfully, and at the same moment she was in Connor's strong arms, lost in surprise.

One thing Connor knew was that making excuses and proving his innocence while Ava was drunk didn't seem right. Picking Ava up in his arms, Connor carried Her to the exit, seeing the reaction of his friends and colleagues out of the corner of his eye, but ignoring it. They'll understand.

"Laat gaan, poephol"* Ava grumbled in a harsh accent.

"What?" Connor asked as he pulled ava into the car, replaying Her words several times in his head.

"Jy is myne, Connor"** Ava mumbled, shifting in her seat until her dress rose above her hips.

Deliberately ignoring Ava's provocation, Connor carried her into the apartment, changing into her pajamas on his own, and led her to the bedroom. As soon as ava's head touched the pillow, She immediately passed out, turning into a completely harmless and naive girl. Connor's involuntary smile was not long in coming, though his displeasure at her behavior was still there.

If Ava had known how difficult it would be to wake up after a long, drunken party, and how much her head would ache, she would have gone back to the hospital and taken Connor away from Robin.

Blinking at the bright light in the room, Ava slowly sat up on the bed, suppressing a feeling of nausea. Memory evasively did not show all the moments of the night's party.

"Are you awake?" Connor leaned back against the wall and arched an eyebrow at Bekker's sharply changing expression. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Like what?" Ava asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Me and Robin - we don't have anything, and we've found out that before" Connor said seriously, sitting down on the bed.

"We found out when she had a fiance" Bekker disagreed, showing her displeasure with just one look.

"Okay, she's divorced, but it doesn't affect me because I have you" Connor said, smiling slightly as he kissed Ava's hand. "I did the surgery, and we won't meet again".

"I won't let you do it" Ava snorted confidently, then yawned, still feeling sleepy.

"You said some strange words yesterday, I think they were in your language, Afrikaans" Rhodes suggested thoughtfully, trying to remember the words. "Something with laas gaan, doephol..."

"Generally laat gaan, poephol" Ava laughed, correcting him, then stopped abruptly, glancing warily at the calm Connor staring at her.

"What does that mean?" Connor raised an eyebrow. "Ava?"

"Well" Ava said, trying to find something decent.

"Ava Bekker, I'm listening" Connor said, crossing his arms over his chest and squinting, already beginning to realize that the translation was going to be awkward.

"Let go, asshole" very quickly rammed Ava, immediately covering the blanket with her head, and through the thick fabric feeling the burning gaze.

"So that's it?" Rhodes asked slowly. "When you get drunk, you have no control over what language you speak. Interesting".

With a sharp tug on the edge of the blanket, Connor hovered over Ava, inches from her face.

"Connor, I'm sorry" Ava whispered timidly, closing her eyes, not expecting Connor to cover her mouth with his.

"My ruined little girl" Connor chuckled, taking her mouth again, kissing her without stopping, burying his fingers in her golden hair.

"Ruined just for you" wrapping her legs around Connor's body, pressing fully against him, Ava grinned shamelessly. Ava's bad morning with a hangover faded into the background when she found herself under the domineering Connor, having dreamed about it since the night before.

*Laat gaan, poephol - let go, asshole.
**Jy is myne - you are mine.