House

After her shift in the emergency room, Ava slowly changed her clothes, chatting with Natalie. The women were happy, never ceasing to talk about their husbands, sharing the past weekend, which they decided to spend together in the country. They enjoyed summer days in nature with a delicious barbecue.

Wearing a soft blue hat and a light lilac semi-transparent dress that reached to her knees, Ava was about to go out. Connor was a few minutes ahead of her, waiting in the car.

"Ava, I have a favor to ask of you" Natalie whispered, stopping her and speaking even more softly. "Will wants to move. Still, we have some plans..."

Smiling, Ava immediately understood what the woman meant by adding to their family. Nodding to her, she leaned against the door, not regretting the delay. He and Connor had already worked side by side all day, and ten minutes apart was nothing.

"It is very difficult to find housing. We want a house, of course, preferably with a fireplace" Halstead explained, gesturing with her hands until she finally pulled out a large number of flyers with the best housing in Chicago.

Blinking in surprise, Ava quickly scanned the flyers, not counting the detailed description of what was included in these homes.

"I understand that it will be difficult for us to afford it as a purchase, but if we rent it, we will manage. Anyway, the point is, I want you to share your opinion. I don't mind if you choose the option that suits you perfectly. I think we have similar tastes" Natalie winked, letting out a sigh of relief when she managed to briefly explain her request.

"Are you sure?" Ava asked, confused and confused at the same time, still holding the housing options in her hands.

"Of course! I'm counting on your help" with a wave of her hand, Natalie was the first to rush out of the locker room, grabbing Will's arm and giving him a satisfied nod that everything had worked out.

With a smile on her face, Ava got into Connor's car, holding out a stack of papers in front of his face. She couldn't wait to get home to find the perfect family place that would suit their friends. Ava often dreamed of one day moving with Connor to their home, where they would have children.

"Nat entrusted me with the choice of their future home, they want to have a baby" Ava smiled, carefully folding the flyers in half and then putting them in her backpack. 

"Very interesting" Connor stopped at the intersection and looked at his beloved wife, noticing how excited she was. "We could do with that, too".

Embarrassed that Connor seemed to be reading her mind, Ava stared out the car window with interest, shrugging uncertainly.

"Soon, I think" she mumbled, remembering how Connor had raised the issue of moving into his own big house several times. Only she didn't want to seem like the woman who was with him for money, preferring their current apartment, just enjoying the moments together. It seemed a foolish assumption now, considering that Connor was her legal husband.

After a hearty dinner with spaghetti and meatballs, the couple sat on the sofa in the living room, holding milkshakes. Ava spread out the first descriptions of the houses on her lap and sipped slowly at the cool drink. Without taking his eyes off her, Connor quietly participated in the assessment, resting his head on her shoulder.

"What do you think about the first house?" Connor asked, raising an eyebrow, seeing the same attitude Ava had when she operated on difficult patients. Yes, she took Natalie's assignment very seriously.

"I think the first house is too closed. It doesn't have many Windows, and the kitchen doesn't look comfortable" Ava concluded, wrinkling her nose, putting the first leaflet aside with displeasure and immediately starting on the second.