The Job-- 2

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter Two:

(With Krel, Aja, and Arrien.)

{First PoV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

Krel laughs triumphantly as I flash to Soffirine Crystal off to him and his sister.

"I can't believe you actually pulled it off. You're a better thief than I expected." Aja confesses.

I look at her, unimpressed.

"Gee. Thanks."

"I didn't mean it offensively."

Aja crosses her arms, being stubborn. I roll my eyes and walk over to Krel's side. I hold out the crystal for him to take and he smiles, grabbing it from out of my hand.

"You did good, Arri."

"Yeah, but will it work?" I ask, not caring about the praise.

"It will. It has to. This is the second to last crystal in this galaxy that we can afford to go after."

Afford is a funny word for it, considering that I stole it. Heh. That was fun. Krel examines the crystal, putting it up under the light of the moon.

"You see that?" He breathes out in awe.

"That's... incredible!"

I scoot closer to him, until our shoulders are touching. I lean my head on his shoulder, just to try and see what he's seeing. And my oh my, it is beautiful. The line shining through the crystal is prismatic and rather stunning. It takes my breath away. The reflective lights coming right through the gem is ... indescribable.

I chuckle upon seeing it. That's all I'll allow for people to see.

Suddenly I'm pushed away from Krel by the force of Aja, who's very much scowling at me.

"That's enough 'touchy-touchy' with my little brother."

"Aja!" Krel snips.

In return, she glares at him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes, turning his back to the both of us.

"The Soffirine Crystal is supposed to solve all our problems. The wormhole will get fixed with the use of it's temporal life force."

"How long will it hold open the wormhole?"

"I am not sure. I'll have to run a few tests on it first to find out what it's capable of." Krel notes, shooting me a smirk over his shoulder.

In result, Aja pours out steam from her ears. I chuckle again, last time.

Krel waves his top left arm along, cuing for the two of us to follow him. I step two paces after him before my phone rings and I get a text. Pulling my phone from my pocket, I turn on my galactic service-d screen and read something from the alliance I team up with... from time to time. I open the lock and check the message.

'Dear Arrien Devil,'

'We need your assistance in a rather ... personal matter. We want you to engage with one of our recently parted former allies. The main one goes by the name Casperan-- Hisirdoux. His bounty title is the Thief of Darkness. Don't know why, that's just what they call him. We've seen his talents and have decided it would be a waste of a life if we sent some rookie to do the job. You fit the description perfectly, however. We look forward to your handed in report. Tell us what he left for, and see to whatever punishment you see fit.'