Chapter 4

story by @AgeregressionKitten and @YporquenoCOM

Ria's Pov

Ɛ=3

I noticed the immediate change in Kace's eyes as a dreamy look fixed on them. They looked lighter, his light-brown orbs shined like lemon tea. I saw as he dropped his hands to fists supporting his upper half on the floor. For once he looked peaceful.

"Isn't that so much better?" I asked him as I crouched down in front of him. He just stared at me, the fight in his eyes having been extinguished when he submitted to me. "C'mon dog, I know you can at least let me know how you feel with some sort of noise," I said as I hooked my finger through the ring of his collar, pulling him towards me.

He barked softly and leaned into my hand. I playfully scratched his head and pet him. He barked more out of happiness and I started getting worried that his roommates would hear him. When he got too excited he jumped on me with all his strength, which is a lot because he is a big guy. He licked my cheeks and I couldn't help the giggle that escaped me.

"Easy boy," I said as I gently tried to put him back down on all fours, earning a whine from him out of protest. "Shh darling, I know," I smiled at him, a small smirk making its way onto my face. He whined again and pushed his head against my hand, I smiled knowing what he wanted. I scratched his head as I cooed at him.

I had my suspicions early in the day when he seemed to fidget or try and challenge me only to back down with a single look. What puppy wouldn't back down when they knew they couldn't win? My hand was still lightly petting him as I looked over him. He was a sweet pup that was for sure, seemed to lack discipline though. Which was bad for him seeing as I liked to be a bit of a disciplinarian for pups without manners.

"Now I know you get excited which is really cute but you can't bark loud or for too long," I said as I glanced at his door. "Or else you roommates may come to try and check in on you," I told him, which only seemed to excite him more. I facepalmed, realizing that the pet part of him didn't care who knew, he only wanted to be friends with them. "No pup, that's a bad thing. You can't just let everyone see you like this. They may not like it," I told him.

He barked even louder and was really worrying now. I opened the door slightly to see if there was anyone nearby. Apparently, that was a mistake because the second he saw the small crack he bolted out of the room. "Kace!" I shouted after him. I ran after him cursing myself. If this was the house entrance, Kace would have been run over by now. I silently prayed that none of his friends were out of their rooms but I knew that couldn't be because this was a party after all.

I got to the living room looking for him. Surprisingly, he was on the couch sitting beside another girl with black shiny hair. She was rubbing his belly and I felt a tinge of jealousy. It occurred to me that no one seemed shocked with his behavior although there were still a few who were teasing him about running around on all fours. The black-haired girl looked up, looking shocked for a second before smiling.

"So I guess you need some sort of explanation," she said as she opened her mouth to speak only for me to cut her off.

"Kace what were you thinking? You can't just run out of a door the second it's cracked open," I scolded him as I walked over. He shrank down and tried to hide behind the girl which was slightly amusing seeing as he was taller than her by a foot.

"Hey, don't be mean to him," the girl objected, her voice rising slightly as she stood up. I turned my withering gaze to her and she met it, slowly sinking back down onto the couch. "Sorry ma'am," she said as she sat there, her hands in her lap.

"I will not be disrespected in any way. You will neither raise your voice at me or assume I'm being mean by scolding a misbehaving dog," I said as I looked at her. "Do you realize how bad it could have been if someone had opened the front door and he had managed to slop out?" I asked, making her frown and nod.

"Yes ma'am, I realize how bad that would have been," she said as she glanced at Kace who had gotten some bravery when I was scolding his friend. He hopped off the couch after a moment and barked at me, puffing himself up slightly to look intimidating.

"Are you barking at me?" I asked as I moved closer to him. He glanced at his friend and growled when he turned his attention to me. "Dog, I suggest you stop," I stated. He looked me straight in the eyes and growled again, this time being even louder. "Oh pup you do not want to push me," I said as I moved towards him, my lips pursed into a frown as I crouched down in front of him.

I certainly wasn't expecting him to crash into me with a loud bark. He pinned me down, staring down at me. I narrowed my eyes and cocked my head to the side slightly making him whine and retreat to his friend. 'Did he really just do what I think he did?' I asked myself as I sat up, rubbing my back at the pain that radiated from it hitting the hardwood floor.

I was annoyed with his misbehaving. The black-haired girl looked at Kace and gulped. "This would be funny in any other scenario, but for once I think I pity you, Kace."

Kace looked at me and tilted his head to the side, completely lost.

"You don't even know how much trouble you are in right now, young pup." I said with a sharpness to my voice. Kace whined and his pupils expanded until he was scared.

And with what I was about to do, he had every reason to be scared.

Ɛ=3

Raise your hand if you want head pats lmao