Amity Ball

On a beautiful starry night, Featherweight would be holding Cozy in his grasp.

Sure, he may have to frolic himself in front of others, but none of that would matter if it meant he would do it with her. Still, he was never one to garner a fancy tux, but he couldn't risk any of his shortcomings to ruin the prospects of his future with her.

He needs to be bold tonight.

The entrance to the ballroom was filled with well-dressed creatures that made their merry way inside. Beside the entrance stood Apple Bloom, adorned in a green dress with red embroideries shaped like apples.

"Never thought I would ever see you in a tux again," Apple Bloom remarked when she noticed Feather. "It's still a good look on you."

"Thanks," Feather stammered from the compliment. He could still remember years ago near the end of their school years when Feather was invited to dance from Apple Bloom. He felt that it was the prime moment to finally profess his love to her, but when she thanked him for being a friend to humor her, it whisked all the fire from his body. He should have denied it and went for it, but he got anxious. Just like he always does with every mare that catches his eyes. "I just hope Cozy thinks the same."

"Cozy, huh," there was that dejected sigh. First from Starlight, and now from Apple Bloom. "Heard you two have gotten real chummy over the last few months."

"You don't sound so ecstatic about it," Feather said. "There doesn't happen to be a problem with it, is there?"

"Nope," Apple Bloom plainly assured. "It's nice that there's a creature that fancies her. Every creature is deserving of love...It's just...have fun, okay?"

"Uh, sure," was all Feather could manage before prompting himself inside the building. Numerous thoughts banged across his head as he tried to surmise the unnerving reaction of Apple Bloom. It's no secret that Feather lacks experience with mares, so the news of him finally giving his love life a try should be astounding. It couldn't be that she's jealous, right?

His thoughts however came to halt when his snout was hit with the summer smell of honeydew. The rhythmic sound of violins and throngs of voices resounded through the scented air.

Underneath a group of chandeliers stood a mass of carefree creatures. Already he could see some dancing on the floor and others communing among the ends of the room. All of them must have visited Yona and Sandbar's Boutique before coming here because all their dresses exuded an exotic aura that made him feel plain in comparison.

How could Featherweight possibly capture Cozy's full attention with clothing so mundane?

"Feather," he heard a calling voice. There she was. She trotted to him in a sweet lolita dress, a garment fitting for only an angel such as herself. Her entire form left him entranced, hypnotized by the flow of her movement. "You look really swell in your tux."

"Yeah..." Feather said and then shook his head. "I mean, thanks. But, I don't think I really compare to every other creature here."

"Don't think of silly nonsense like that," Cozy said. "You shouldn't try to compare yourself to others. Besides, I think you look nice and that's all that should matter."

"Yeah, I guess so," Feather gave a dumb smile. Holding down the stir of emotions from Cozy's compliment was a one-sided battle that he felt bad about losing.

"Good," Cozy proudly said. "Then how about we put them to good use then." Cozy grabbed unto Feather's hoof and pulled the bashful stallion deeper into the center of the room. Directly where pairs of creatures swung together in rhythmic sways.