Chapter 4: Blood

Lilly's POV:

After Jasper told me what's going on Jake, Paul, and Nick came in, telling everyone what's going on, according to Leah.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise." Jacob said. "He doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on."

"He's got the place surrounded, and he's going to wait for his opportunity." Paul added.

"We won't get through without a fight." Emmett stated.

"No fights." I told Emmett.

"Lilly is right, we won't be the one's to break the treaty." Carlisle stated.

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind." Nick told us.

"Not in ours." Esme shook her head.

"Carlisle, no one has hunter for weeks besides Riley, Bree, and Dad." Jack spoke up.

"We'll make due." Esme assured.

"You've done us a great service, boys." Dad nodded at them. "Thank you."

They nodded before they left to go patrol.

Later That Night:

"Are you sure you don't need anything before I go?" Bree asked.

"I'll be fine. Go see Derek." I smiled at her. She smiled and ran out of the house to him. However, Paul did walk into the room.

"How you feeling?" Paul asked me.

"Annoyed, Pissed, Hungry." I shrugged playing with Bella's hair as she laid her head on my lap.

"Do you want anything right now?" Mom asked.

"I'm good." I shook my head. "Thank you, Mom."

"So, I heard from Jake, two baby girls, huh?" Paul smiled.

"Yup." I smiled. "But I can't decide on names yet."

"Well, when you decide I'd love to know." Paul smiled making me instantly feel better.

For the rest of the night I watched tv with Paul, Jacob, Nick, Esme, Mom, Rose, and Emmett as Riley and Bree were outside with Leah, and Derek, as Dad, Jasper, Edward, Carlisle, Alice, and Jack were looking online and reading through books about vampire babies. Edward caught our attention when he stormed out of the room.

The Next Morning:

I was sitting in a chair holding Bella's hand as she laid on the hospital bed while looking at x-rays.

"Your rib is cracked." Carlisle told her. "But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything."

"Yet." Edward commented.

"Edward." I frowned, giving him a warning look as Bella got upset.

"It's breaking her bones now. It's crushing you from the inside out." Edward frowned.

"Edward, that's enough!" I stated.

"Carlisle, tell her what you told me." Edward demanded. "Tell her."

"Carlisle tell me, it's alright." Bella nodded.

But her hand tightened on mine, worried.

"The fetus isn't compatible with your body unlike it is with Lilly. It's too strong. It won't allow you to get the nutrition you need." Carlisle frowned. "It's starving you by the hour. I can stop it nor can I slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver."