Chapter 6: Jacob Gets His Ass Kicked

Lilly's POV:

It's been three days since Renesmee was born, and she already looks 3 months old versus 3 days old. Bella, however, is finishing up her transition. Renesmee has refused to leave either Edward, Rosalie, or my arms. I was holding her when she put her hand up to my cheek again.

"When is Mommy going to wake up?"

"Soon sweetheart, I promise." I stated. And as if right on cue there was no longer a heartbeat but someone breathed in an unnecessary breath. I looked down at Renesmee with a smile. "I told you."

Renesmee giggled and played with my hands as Edward went to go to Bella. As I continued to play with Renesmee, Jasper sat down next to us, looking at me with admiration. I blushed under his gaze. That was until Alice came bouncing in.

"They're on their way back!" Alice gushed, as we all made our way to the kitchen.

"I'll be back." Jacob stated, making his was outside as we heard two pairs of footsteps.

"You ran away mid-hunt. Even mature vampires have a hard time with that." Edward told Bella proudly.

"You're still here." Bella stated.

"So are you." Jacob said awkwardly. "I didn't expect you to seem so...... you. Except for the creepy eyes."

I chuckled at that.

"I would keep my distance for now." Bella warned him,

"It's safer for the baby, Lilly, and her family to see how you do with me." Jacob told her.

"Since when do you care about Renesmee?" Bella asked confused.

"Alright, take a whiff." Jacob said, avoiding Bella's question.

"Well, I can see what everyone's been talking about." Bella chuckled. "Jake, you really do stink."

This caused Edward to laugh before clearing his throat. "Do you wanna come meet your daughter?"

As if right on cue Jacob came running back into the house and looked at Renesmee who was in my arms, playing with her making her giggle.

Everyone started to turn when we heard two more pairs of footsteps.

"Welcome to the family." Esme smiled.

"You look amazing, Bella." Alice gushed as Jack held her.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle added.

"Lilly." Edward said getting my attention. I turned around with Renesmee, facing Bella.

"Glad to have my best friend back." I smiled before handing Renesmee to her. "She kept asking me when she's going to meet you these past few days."

Bella looked at Renesmee in amazement, even more so when she showed Bella her gift.

"What was that?" Bella mumbled.

"She showed you the first memory she's had of you." Edward stated.

"How?" Paul asked confused.

"How do I read thoughts? How does Alice see the future? How is Lilly so powerful?" Edward smiled. "She's gifted."

"I've only been out for a few days?" Bella frowned, noticing that Renesmee already had teeth.

"Her growth rate is unprecedented." Dad admitted.

"Alright, that's enough experimenting for one day." Jacob stated, brushing past me to reach for Nessy.

"Jacob." I warned as Jasper wrapped his arms around me.