Chapter 15: Meeting Old Friends

"Hey, I remember her! You helped her attack us!" Sokka said.

"Yep. Back in the good old days," Zuko said as he walked up to June and we followed along with him.

"Oh great, it's Prince Pouty and his little girlfriend." June said. I just grinned at her. "Where's your creepy grandpa?"

"He's my uncle. And he's not here." Zuko said.

"So what do you want?" June asked.

"I need your help finding the Avatar," answered Zuko.

"Hm, doesn't sound too fun." June muttered as she sipped onto her tea.

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" Zuko yelled.

"Ok, ok, I'll help. Geez." She said as she got up from her chair. "Come on, then." She walked to the bartender and grabbed a raw piece of steak. She nodded her head towards the door as we all walked out.

"Nyla," June said as she held up the raw meat. She threw it towards the shirshu and she caught it with her mouth as she ate it.

"Okay, so who's got something that has the Avatar's scent on him?" June asked.

"I have Aang's staff," Katara pitched in as she handed it over to June. June placed it in front of Nyla as he sniffed it. Nyla began walking around finding the scent then dropped to the ground as she covered her snout with her paws.

"Well, what does that mean?" Zuko asked.

"It means your friend's gone," June said as she rubbed Nyla's head.

"Well, isn't that obvious," I muttered.

"We know he's gone, that's why we're trying to find him." Toph said.

"No, I mean he's gone-gone. He doesn't exist." June explained and I gasped.

"What do you mean Aang doesn't exist?" Sokka asked. "Do you mean, you know, he's dead?"

"Nope. We could find him if he were dead. Huh, it's a real head scratcher. See ya." June said.

"Helpful. Real helpful." Toph said sarcastically.

"Wait, I have another idea." Zuko said.

"Please tell," I said.

"There's only one other person in this world who can help us face the fire lord. I'll by right back with a smell sample." Zuko said.

In just a few minutes, he came back with Iroh's sandal.

"You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal?" Sokka asked.

"I think it's kinda sweet," Toph said with a grin. I chuckled at that. Nyla sniffed it.

"Let's do this," June said and she went off.

"Hold on!" I shouted as we quickly climbed Appa and took off behind Nyla's trail.

"We're going to Ba Sing Se?" Zuko asked.

"Your uncle's somewhere beyond the wall. Nyla's getting twitchy so it can't be too far. Good luck." June said and she off on her own again.

"It's been a long day. Let's camp and start our search again at dawn." Zuko said.

"Okay, fine." I said. We all decided to get some sleep on Appa. We all didn't really get some sleep, especially when he felt a warm heating substance around us. I looked up and saw fire. I gasped and stood to my feet. In the corner I saw grown men.