46

(Smoking is injurious to health

(Smoking is injurious to health. None of the characters endorse smoking. Smoking kills).

^damn wasn't that professionally written?
*flips hair but terribly fails and ends up getting hit*
-.-

😁📖
Do 🚿your ❤⭐✨

Interview.

When you are at your weakest, you tend to create a stronger shield around you, to protect yourself from further attack of similar kind. You no longer have the wish to do anything, but as you sit idle flashbacks come harder than necessary, shattering every single piece of your broken heart into millions of new ones. It gets so confusing, because you don't know which piece to follow. You try going after one, and end up breaking it again into tinier ones. And at that point, all you feel is nothing. Just the numbness of the void you're floating through. That's when you feel the need to drown into more and more of the materialistic things around, so you don't have to ponder and regret over the things you wish you could change.

I flipped through the pages again, marking the important points and wrote down the necessary faults. I craned my neck to hold the phone tighter in the crook of my neck, humming to the report Jimin read out.

It was two hours after midnight, and here I was in the office, in California. For Jimin, it was just evening there.

Recently a minor decline of approximately 0.3% was noted in our profits, in all branches, especially in Korea. And the reason was unknown though we had our suspicions.

"Nothing really points to anything." He concluded as he finished reading the last report. "It would be better if you come-"

"Doesn't matter." I quickly cut him off and sign off the document. "Anyway it's trivial isn't it?" I closed the file and held the phone in my hand.

Jimin let out a sigh. For the past week, he had been trying to make me change my mind, but I wasn't having it. It took me a week to pick myself up. The wound was still fresh added to the past wounds, which had opened up again. But I had made sure to indulge myself into these materialistic work. I had to. Because the moment I let myself idle, the havoc recreated back in my mind compelling me into stuff I didn't want to be in.

"Ivy, you cannot just shut yourself out. You need-" Before he could say further, I hung up and slide the phone away from me. I didn't have the patience to hear him anyway. Or maybe I didn't want anything to do with him. I would just find myself falling back into that dark hole.

I pushed the chair back and stood up. The lamp lights shimmed over my desk. I pull open the drawer and put the files inside.

I stuffed out one stick from the box I had securely placed in my pocket. Sticking it in between my teeth, I took the lighter out of the drawer and pushed it close after lighting up the nicotine stick.