"W-What?".

I could only stand there, trying to understand his offer. I couldn't help but be flustered by his wording, covering my hands to my face - a personal assistant would be fine, yes, but a personal slave?! It sounded more sinful than business like.

My face went hot as I began to look for words to try to get myself out of such a deal. "Mr. Togami, you've barely known me, and you're already asked me to be your personal assistant? You're going quite fast on this deal of yours.".

"I've overheard a bit about you from your uncle, but of course I couldn't just go by the chatter about the hardworking peasant named (Y/N) (Y/L/N).". Togami got up from his velvet chair and made his way closer to me, causing me to freeze.

"Once you came storming into my office demanding that your possibly intoxicated father get his job back, well, I started to gain interest." He continued. Light from the late afternoon sun lit up his handsome face partially, covering the rest in shadows. "A hard working peasant with some spunk, am I not correct? People are only paid by how irreplaceable they are, and I'll be willing to bet that you'll be paid enough to keep a roof over you and your uncle's heads.".

I stood there, lost in his cobalt eyes. I'm dreaming. This isn't real. Nobody just walks into someone's office and gets a job of such a high level this quick. This isn't a fantasy novel. This isn't real.

"Along with that, you and I both know that there's a connection between business and attraction, (Y/N). Your uncle may not be able to hold a job, but I can guarantee you'll be by my side for a long time.".

He got close to me, our faces inches apart. He's taunting you. Don't be fooled.

"An oh so very long time." Togami repeated, his voice almost a whisper. Was his way to get me to say yes flirting? If so, it was certainly working.

I took a few steps back, fiddling nervously with my (H/C) hair. "It sounds like you want me to be your sugar baby more than your assistant, sir.".

"Oh please, why would I want anything to do with a peasant? A commoner, desperately trying to build their way up above middle class time and time again?" Togami said. His personality swapped so suddenly it caused my heart to jump a bit. "You'll be like a servant, nothing more and nothing less.".

"Mind if I be so bold to ask what I'll be doing under your name?".

"Whatever simply comes around, I believe. You being quite the Jack-of-all-trades will serve you well for once." He said, taking a step forward. I froze once more. This dude can really cause some adrenaline to pump, huh? Most likely because I happened to be in the office of one of the most affluent men in the world.

Silence. That was all the covered the vast office. My mind was running his words over and over in my head, debating an answer. Anything to break the silence.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"Speak up (Y/N), I don't have all day.".

"I'll be taking your offer." I said, my voice loud and clear. "Allow me to become your personal assistant.".

Togami smirked, and as always I wanted to slap it off his face. I felt like I had just gave myself up like a lamb to be slaughtered. He returned back to his mahogany desk, placing a hand on the corner before looking back at me. "It appears we have a deal." He said, using his free hand to push up his white-rimmed glasses. "If you want to go back on your offer, simply give up and don't show up tomorrow morning. Meet up in my office tomorrow at 10 A.M. and we'll discuss more. For today, (Y/N), you're dismissed.".

I thanked him and left for the door, feeling his icy gaze on my back. I almost ran into Naegi the moment I exited.

"Ah, sorry (Y/L/N)! Nearly ran into you there." He said, rubbing his hand on his the back of his neck. He looked awfully young to be working with such a company.

"It's no problem, Mr. Naegi. What are you doing out here? Aren't you supposed to be attending to something?" I asked.

"Please, just call me Makoto. For me being out here, well, my curiosity got the best of me and I was eavesdropping on your conversation. No bad intentions, though! Honestly!".

"Aight. That sounds reasonable enough.". I continued to make my way out of the building, Makoto following close behind.

"So, are you two planning to rendezvous?".

"W-What?".

"Yeah, are you planning to meet up with him tomorrow? Or are you going back on your offer?".

"Oh, yeah...". To be honest, you thought he meant something entirely different. "I'll be thinking about it more tonight. To be honest, I just spoke without thinking.".

"Ah, it gets to the best of us. Just know I'm here for you if you need any help!".

"Thanks, Makoto.".

"It's no problem, honestly." He then took his wallet from dress pocket and began fiddling with it. "I also heard that you walked all the way over here, is that true?".

"I, uh, yeah...". I said, a bit embarrassed. I was currently in the headquarters of a man worth millions, and I couldn't even afford to take a vehicle across the city to get to a location.

"Well, here's some cash for the ride home and the ride back tomorrow. Gas money, bus tickets, whatever. All that matters is you get home safe. You and I both know it can get pretty sketchy after dark around here.".

"Oh my... I'll pay you back as soon as I can!".

"No no, it's fine! It's just a couple bucks, it's not like I'm lending you one of Togami's loans.".

We continued to chat and swap contact information. Despite working so closely with a prick, he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. He even made sure I got home safely before I waved goodbye.

The sun was already setting by the time I stepped back on the streets and headed back to my flat. I made sure to text Makoto that I had gotten home safely, even if I lived just at the border of the city.

"Hey." I said the moment I walked through the door. The flat was as plain as it always was - plain white walls, hardwood floors, a few windows, hardly any furniture, you get the gist. Hagakure sat cross-legged on the couch as if he was waiting for my return.

"Hey. How'd it go?" He asked, almost nervous about the next words coming out of my mouth.

"Well, it's a bit confusing.". I began to open the cupboards for some instant noodles and add water to the thin plastic container. "I wasn't able to get your job back, but I somehow was able to get a job working for Mr. Togami instead. I'll be heading in tomorrow morning to begin working.".

"Oh my, really? You'll think we'll finally be able to move out with this?" He said, jumping to his feet.

I grinned to myself as I placed the noodle and watery broth combination into the microwave. "I don't know, but I'll definitely get more cash than from working at the coffee shop. Still, may I ask you to not blow the money on useless things untill things settle?".

My uncle's shoulders slumped, probaby offended I called his clairvoyant hobbies useless. I never really believed in the stuff he did. He was a nice guy, he just got tricked into things too easily.

"Fine, fine. If you say so." He said, leaning over the counter. I took my noodles out from my microwave and began to dig in, thinking about how things were going to go tomorrow.

A personal assistant to the one and only Byakyua Togami. This'll go well.

"Hey, mind if I ask what position you got?".

"Hm? Oh, probaby the same as yours." I lied. "It'll be decided tomorrow.".

"Huh. Neat.".

Well, the night continued on and I eventually went to bed. I had texted my friend Aoi about the new job, and as usual she was excited out of her mind. I laid in my bed, listening to the sounds to traffic as I repeated his words in my head over and over before falling asleep.

"You and I both know that there's a connection between business and attraction, (Y/N). Your uncle may not be able to hold a job, but I can guarantee you'll be by my side for a long time.".