11.

"Get in the way of what?"

"I thought you guys were still out hunting," Felix said, avoiding Minho's question.

"We were, but we came back early 'cause there was nothing good out there," Minho crossed his arms, "So what's all this? And what are we gonna get in the way of?"

"That's nothing for you to worry about," you snapped back as you averted your attention from the boy standing in the doorframe.

"Just asking a harmless question, no need to act so defensive," Minho said in a rude tone, "But you do know that we don't keep secrets here. So whatever it is you two are planning, I wanna know."

You exchanged a panicked glance with Felix before facing Minho. So much for trying to keep this between the two of you.

"Uh, we aren't really planning anything besides training for (y/n). Y'know, since she's gonna be around here more often, we figured she could learn to defend herself," Felix quickly came up with an excuse, "You can talk to Chan if you think something's happening."

Minho twisted his nose and placed his hand on his hip, signaling that he detected a lie in Felix's words. He chose not to continue pushing you and Felix to speak, so he decided to leave. Minho knew that Felix was hiding something, as it was easy to read his body language. Instead of asking Chan about the situation, he decided to take matters into his own hands and do some digging around to find information.

Prior to yours an Felix's conversation, Minho had been listening from around the corner. He didn't hear everything, but he did hear most of it. He heard about the opposing clan and their rumored plan to steal the land. He assumed that Chan, Felix, and you were going to try and stop them by yourselves, which made him quite angry. Usually, Chan would call upon him to help with tasks such as this, but ever since you came along he was pushed to the side. 

Unsure if what he was feeling was jealousy, Minho was quick to admit that he did not like you one bit. Ever since your first encounter, he wanted to kill you right then and there. He didn't understand why the leader of a dangerous vampire clan would want to keep some measly vampire hunter around. It sounded bizarre—who would think of such a thing? He didn't like how everyone else was so quick to trust you, and how you were so quick to trust them. He felt suspicious of you, and wanted to make sure you wouldn't do anything to put them in harm's way.

But you already did.

You exposed them to the enemy. Because of you, his clan—his family—was being hunted down and threatened by the enemy. Minho felt like he had no choice but to protect his clan, and to do so he needed to act fast. There was only one thing he could think of that would work—one thing that he knew would save himself and his clan:

To get rid of you for good.

//

Hello hello!

I'm so very sorry for not updating in two months,,, I know that's a very long time :(

I'm not making any promises, but I'll try to update this book whenever I can. Things have been pretty busy lately and I haven't had lots of time to write, but I'll try my best!

Also, sorry this chapter was really short. It's really late and I felt like I had to post an update bc I was starting to feel guilty for not posting anything lol.

Anyways, I hope you guys have a great day/night!! :)