1

Valentine's POV

"Please don't leave me!" I begged. The groans and pounding increasing by the second. I pulled myself off the bed and attempted to stand but as soon as I placed weight on my left foot my leg gave out.

Me and him made eye contact one last time as he was pushed out the window by the rest of the group. My eyes stung with tears as I frantically searched for a place to hide. The door creaking and cracking at each of those things pushing and pounding against it.

I heard one loud crack as the door began to break. In a final try for life I pulled myself under the full sized bed and pulled my body on to the supporting beam under the bed frame bringing me off the ground. At last I heard the door fall and saw the dirty shuffling feet fill the room. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to muffle my cries.

*BANG* My gun fell out of my holster and clanked on the hard wood floor. All movement in the room ceased. I had my eyes shut tightly. I held my breath for what seemed like an eternity and saw one of there feet shift towards my hiding place.

*FLASH BACK*

"Get Gravy and then were leaving," for some reason our state was being evacuated and they refused to tell us. My family was not one to go against the word of the government so we were just about to leave.

It was a frigid January night as I walked around the side of our suburban house. "GRAVY!" I yelled as I reached the backyard where she was chained up. She raced over to me with a wagging tail as she usually does. I bent over to to unhook her from the chain to her leash.

Once she was unhooked she took off running dragging my with her causing my grandma ring to fall off my finger into the browning grass. I stopped dead in my tracks and yanked Gravy back towards me. I stood there for a second just scanning the ground until I saw a bit of moonlight reflecting off the silver ring. I bent over to pick up the precious ring which has been in my family for generations when I felt a sudden push causing me to fall to the ground.

I flipped over to my back in just enough time to see the thing that had caused me to fall to crawl on top of me. It was a man but not a man? You know. I fought to get out from under him but he must've had at least 110 pounds on me.

"HELP," I screamed. The man smelled of death and mildew. His face was inches from mine and he was trying to bite me. I had not yet made the connection in my mind but I continued to wrestle with the man. We were on a downwards slope so I kicked the man off me flipping him over my head. I scurried to my feet frantically run towards my house.

I entered the warm home breathing heavily. "Valentine are you ok?" My mother look at my dirty clothing and cut on my forehead.

"We. Have. To. Leave. Now." I spoke through my heavy breathing. My father entered the room with a worried look. "SKYLAR COME ON WERE LEAVING!" He yelled back to my sister. I few seconds later we were all getting into the car when I saw Gravy.

"GRAVY COME," she quickly ran back to me. I must've let her go when the thing tried to get me. I swiftly picked her up and placed her into the car. As I climbed in to our black minivan I felt something grab my hair and yank me back onto our driveway. Yet again it was that thing I had fought off earlier.

"Dad help me!" I yell for my father. Suddenly I heard a extremely loud bang and its limp body collapsed on to mine. I pushed it off of me and quickly climb into the car as we sped down the street I saw a whole group come up from between the house. They began to bang on our neighbors doors and windows. I turned back around and wiped the blood off my face and forehead.

-------------------------------------------

This probs sucks but I'm gonna keep writing💁

Vote and comment please❤️😜❤️😜

SHARE MY BOOK AROUND❤️❤️😉❤️❤️❤️❤️😉❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love you my Rad Readers👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍😍😍