Chapter 9 - Memories

On this day, four academy trainees are about to face an arch integrity knight, the first kind of occurrence in over a hundred years. Though it was supposed to be only held in secret, but unfortunately the leaks of information regarding this event has been spilled thus making it a public match.

Many talks revolve around Alice and the gang as they were given special training time by the academy and the vouches of their respective elite disciples. Many fellow trainees were eager to see the match, some were even hoping that maybe they can perform some sort of miracle against Seki.

But the nobles see it as an eyesore for forcing their requests on an esteemed arch integrity knight, spurring malicious intent later on.

As we move to the present, the four teens are making their way to the prep room led by Azurica.

Asuna: "...i'm nervous you guys." She sighed.

Alice: "We all are, but we can't let that affect us."

Kirito: "As for me, i'm kinda excited!" He grins.

Eugeo: "You tend to get excited when you face against someone strong Kirito."

Kirito: "Well duh, that means you get to see how strong you are." He replies.

Alice: "He has a point, it's some sort of an evaluation as to how far we've come to reach our goal." She adds.

Asuna: "Yup, we can see how much we need to improve to save Y/N." She said as they nod.

Azurica: "We're here you kids." She said as they all stop in front of a room. "You have ten minutes to prepare yourselves for the match. Proceed through the side doors to get to the match assembly once time is up. And kids, I pray for your victory." She bows to them with a smile as they nervously react to her humble statement.

Azurica then left leaving the teens in front of the door. Kirito decided to enter first and as he opens the door, four individuals greet them.

Kirito: "S-Senpai?!" He gasps, so did his friends.

Sortiliena: "We came to give you lot a pep talk." She announced as the teens enter the room.

Saria: "As she said, we came to advice you all."

Later, the teens went near their respective senpais as they talk about the upcoming match. Kirito was currently talking to Sortiliena.

Sortiliena: "Your moves and skills are very unusual so use that to your advantage. If she won't expect it, you can nail the chance to gain the upper hand. And please use what I taught you about the evasive maneuvers for they will come in handy when going for a duel." She said sternly to him.

Kirito: "Got it!" He straightens himself.

Golgorosso: "Eugeo, don't forget to block your left side. You tend to move in without thinking ahead which results in your loss, so for the love of the goddess Stacia, please be wary of your situation and surroundings." He pats his shoulder.

Eugeo: "Hai!"

Saria: "I think you got everything covered, just be agile in your strikes as you slowly weaken your opponent. I didn't choose you to as my valet for naught, I can see that you have the best thrusting sword skills in the academy. So do me proud."

Asuna: "Thank you senpai!" She hugs her as Saria returns the hug.

Amiya: "Alice.." She puts her hands in her chest.

Alice: "I know Amiya senpai, I can do it. I've trained myself for this moment." She assured her.

Amiya: "I know you have..." She eases up. "Everyone!" She announces as they all look at Amiya.