Chapter Three: School

Should I leave Yoman here or bring him with me and make him stay outside of the school? I decided I would let him stay here. I gave him a phone so that I could tell him when I was coming home. My parents went to work while I was at school, and since my dad was on a business trip, my mom picked me up.

I was at school with my friend Hanya. I was apart of the cool kids group, but I acted as if I was not. Ever since Hanya became my friend, she has been swimming in fame, Hanya even earned a title, "The Singer Of The Songs". She did have a great voice, so she deserved it. She was the sixth grade "Singer" and each year in May, they have a singer contest, all grades versus each other. She even won the first contest against teams, and now she is going up against seventh grade and eighth grade! It was lunchtime and today, I sat at the middle table, which was the cool kids table. The middle table was usually full of cheerleaders, people who just had cool talents and football players. Hanya and I were the ones who had cool talents. People admired Hanya's singing and they admired my stubbornness and my intelligence, but I made sure no one used me to get good grades or anything like that. Stacy, the cheerleader teams leader, always would ask me stuff like, "How's China?" And stuff about my Asian side. I would always snap back with, "Leave me alone or I will karate chop your legs in half so you can't even cheerlead," and everyone would go like, "Oooh..." I would smirk and go back to eating my food. Today, Stacy left me alone. I knew why. A few days ago, her now ex-boyfriend decided to cheat on Stacy and go for me. I was pretty short, I had plain brown hair with the occasional flower, and I usually wore sweat pants and a t-shirt to school, my mom did not like it but my dad was fine with it. I had declined and he left disappointed. A few kids saw it and it became a huge rumor. Stacy did not know why her ex-boyfriend wanted me, and I did not know either. After lunch, Stacy stopped me, "If you ever touch my ex or any other boy"ーShe took out her hand and held it up as if she was going to slap meー"and you will regret every moment of your life," I tripped Stacy over while she was in the bullying mode. She fell on the floor with her skirt up. Everyone laughed at her. I only tripped her so I could avoid the situation, but it looked a lot like bullying. I mouthed a "Sorry" and left.

I was in class when the teacher introduced a new girl, her name was Sara. She had tan skin, a purple hat and blue hair. She wore a purple shirt with blue stripes and a blue skirt. Her outfit was based on purple and blue. I realized something. She was an alien from Danu! The hat, the purple and blue outfit, the hair color and the tanned skin! Okay, nothing's weird about tan skin but everything else was.