III - Teiko

Author's Note:

Hi! Thank you for reading Brightest Star! No words can describe how I feel right now because I didn't expect this many readers in just a short time o(>ω<)o . I don't really know if it's up to anyone's taste but let me know your thoughts!

Also, please do suggest any player/manager that you want to pair with Shoyo! I love you all! Always stay safe, guys!

Ps: There's a crossover here! Bear with my boring narration 🐻.

***

(I've change some details! Shoyo's look in middle school when he was still a boy is in the media tho it isn't the best but it's what I can draw o(TヘTo)

(I've change some details! Shoyo's look in middle school when he was still a boy is in the media tho it isn't the best but it's what I can draw o(TヘTo). He had longer hair and well he looked more feminine because he was thinner.)

It was because of a game that played in a store's television that Shoyo became addicted to volleyball. After seeing the fascinating Little Giant of Karasuno, he wanted to show how a short person can go higher than people who are taller than them.

Therefore, with the help of his friends who offered to play with him, in his 2nd year of middle school, they were finally allowed to participate in the Inter High.

"Hina-chin really gets excited when it comes to matches, huh?" one of his seniors said who was munching off a pocky.

The other one with a pink hair then chuckled softly and as if he was praising a cute puppy, ruffled Shoyo's hair. "Shoyo, you have to calm down, okay?"

"I am calm, sir!" Shoyo shouted back, saluting and trying his best to hide his excitement.

"You ain't tho, Sho." A blue haired said with a tired voice. "I agree." another one uttered in a whisper like voice.

Shoyo turned to them and did a fist bump. "Well, I can't help it, Tetsu-kun, Aomine-kun! It's my first match!" he confessed.

"Stop fidgeting, Hinata. And eat properly, Murasakibara! " A green haired boy who was wearing an eyeglass while holding a ball for a basketball said.

When he was about to shoot the ball, someone with a yellow hair snatched it from his hands and run off to the court.

Shoyo then laughed at them who were in their own worlds but stopped after remembering something. "Is it okay for you to play with me, tho? I mean, what about your own games?" Shoyo questioned, while his head is facing the ground.

"Don't worry about it, Hinatacchi! Akashicchi already did the works. We got to play with you with this ball and in our own games with this other ball!" A boy with a yellow hair said and showed one ball for volleyball in his left hand and a ball in his right hand but this time, for basketball.

Everyone agreed and Shoyo was motivated for the upcoming official match. "We will win!" he whispered and practiced spiking.

Time flew by and it was already the Inter High.

For everyone, the practice match displayed by Teiko with other schools last summer displayed a potential however, because Shoyo's team was composed of originally basketball players, they didn't last at their first official match when they battled with Kitagawa Daiichi.

The battle was a close one but in the end, Kitagawa Daiichi remained the winner, together with the King of the Court that Shoyo labeled as his rival.

"What did you do for the past two years?!" the famous blueberry boy said at the other side of the court, causing some of Shoyo's team mates to glare at him and grab Shoyo at their side.

***End

Now in the present, Shoyo was waiting impatiently for the lab results regarding his condition that was done earlier when he felt his phone vibrating. "Kaa-san! I don't have time for this. Just let me know through text, okay?!" he screamed and walked away after kissing goodbye to his sister and mother.

He started to run and constantly checked at his watch. 7:30 am, only forty five minutes is left for him to play at the match.

"Hey? Are you also going to the Inter High?" a certain brown haired boy stated.

Shoyo looked at the direction of the two people who were with some girls—well, the brown haired was the one who was talking alone with them tho while the black haired is pissed off.

Shoyo was conflicted if he would ask the group for him to tag along but after seeing that 20 minutes already passed and there was no taxi, he slapped his self hard, getting the attention of the group and then he breathe heavily.

"Hi! Are you also going to the Inter High?" he said and smiled at the group. "You too?" the black haired asked, suspicious of Shoyo's appearance.

Shoyo then remembered what he hid before talking to them which made his cheeks blushed and realised that he was still wearing his hoodie over his head making everyone cautious of him. "Ah, sorry! I'm Shoyo and yes, I'm going there too!" he said then removed his hoodie.

Everyone's cheeks turned red after seeing a cute tangerine, smiling brightly as if the sun was him.

"You can join us!" the brown haired boy shouted joyfully after recovering from Shoyo's appearance.

"Really?! You're all a savior!" Shoyo said dramatically and proceeded to text Kise who was contacting him.

While in the van, everyone can't stop looking at the girl who was pouting and angrily typing in her phone. "Cute" was what everyone thought. The two boys then blushed at their thought and some girls were taking pictures pf Shoyo secretly.

" Sho-chan, who are you rooting for the Inter High?" was what broke their fangirling and fanboying to the girl.

Shoyo then grinned and zipped down his jersey. "Teiko!" he shouted excitedly.

"Eh?! I didn't know those hot boys have manager!" a girl said, shocked at the appearance of Shoyo.

"I'm not a manager! I'm a player!" she defended.

Everyone then laughed at Shoyo's silliness and just said that they believe him. "Hm. Is she a fan girl of Kise Ryota?" was what they all thought.

Everyone continued talking and they were mostly focused on Shoyo which he actually enjoyed because he's on vibes with the group.

"Ah! We're finally here!" he screamed.

He got out of the van and was searching for someone while the others just watched her, thinking how moe Shoyo is while doing his best to increase his height by tiptoeing just to find someone.

"Kise-kun!" he shouted and run to the boy who was being surrounded by girls.

Shoyo, who was too happy and excited to inform Kise about his current predicament actually forgot three things; First is he forgot to give heads up about him being a girl. Second, Kise is being surrounded by his fans. And third, how possessive someone is to Kise.

Before Shoyo could even hug Kise, someone blocked his way which made him fall to the ground that made everyone laugh. "Sor—Aomine-kun! Help me!" he shouted at the man with tears forming in his eyes.

"You—who are you?" Aomine stated, confused as to why the stranger is acting close.

"Shoyo!" he answered bluntly that made Kise and Aomine froze.