VI - Girls

Narrator's POV

    "Yachi-chan!" Shoyo shouted seeing the blonde girl moving restlessly behind the basketball club's members who are getting their lunches. Yachi sighed in relief hearing her new found friend came in to her rescue. Shoyo, being the gentleman in the past cuz he's technically a girl now as he is, carried the tray on Yachi's hands and lined up. The latter blushed at Shoyo's action and had her eyes wide opened.

I can't believe the most adorable girl is friends with me. She even carried my tray!! Omg. What to do? What to do? I think I'm gonna faint! Yachi thought, her eyes shaking from left to right. "Yachi-chan, are you okay?" Shoyo asked after seeing his friend nervous.

Yachi, being her as usual, stuttered making Shoyo pout. "N—I mean yes! I'm fine, Hinata!" As it was already their turn, Shoyo placed their trays down the counter and looked at his friends eyes intently. "Put your hands together, Yachi-chan" he said.

Even though she was confuse at Shoyo's command, she did what she was told but was shock after Shoyo slapped both of their their hands together, stopping her thoughts and fidgeting. "Yachi-san, I'm here right beside you, okay?" Shoyo stated, comforting the blonde.

"Kids, don't flirt there. Get your food." the cook in the counter said and Shoyo apologised for the inconvenience.

Flirt?! Did we looked like that?! Did we looked like a couple? Wai—what couple?! Once again, thought Yachi who seemed like her soul just left her body.

The two of them made their way to the tables and sat down beside the big windows. Although Karasuno was not as rich as other schools, it was well known for its food and cafeteria which actually looked like a place from a Korean drama and fun fact, it was also one of the reasons why Shoyo still chose Karasuno although there's no volleyball team for girls.

(like this but withmuch bigger windows)

(like this but with
much bigger windows)

"Hinata, what club are you going to join?" Yachi said, breaking the silence between her and her friend who's now stuffing herself with food.

Shocked because of Yachi's sudden question, Shoyo suddenly choked of his food and was teary eyed. "OH! Sorry, Hinata! I'm sorry!" Yachi apologised in panic, afraid that her first friend would be mad.

"Sometimes, you just don't act like a girl you know?" Yachi uttered with her head bow down, trying to hide her guilt. Because of this, Shoyo frowned after answering in the back of his mind, course, I'm not! I'm a boy since I was born?—not right now tho. " Sorry, Yachi-chan? I'm just really used to acting like this!" he said, trying not to hint what he was originally. He felt bad keeping secrets but his doctor advised him not to say his current condition since it was really  complicated and confidential.

"You should be careful, tho!" Yachi shouted with worried voice that got other student's attention. Shoyo giggled because of Yachi acting like a mom yet was nervous as a child just a few moments ago. "Hai. Hai. I will." Shoyo said, giving up on Yachi's resolve.

"How did that even cute giggle came out from her mouth?!"  Thought by everyone who heard the tangerine's soft like giggle.

Meanwhile, a certain glasses senpai was walking along the way to the cafeteria and was thinking of the club when something caught her eyes, making it twinkle from the usual bored expression. Despite the fact that Kiyoko felt that someone's been following her since the first day of school, she was mesmerised by the beauty behind the glasses.

The long colored orange hair which looked like luminous as it shone brightly. Her hazelnut eyes and the chibi-like size in front of her made her gasp in awe. Among all the people in the cafeteria, the girl was stunning and like how Noya and Tanaka described Kiyoko, it looked like the 1st year was sent from above to bestow her blessings. Kiyoko, snapping out of her own world, knocked at the windows where Shoyo was and waved her hand.

"Oh! You're extremely beautiful!" Shoyo excitedly shouted after taking notice of the girl who knocked at their window. Even though Kiyoko can't hear him, she understood the words uttered by Shoyo and had her face turned red after being complimented.

"Hey, isn't that the freshman who's really beautiful?" Kiyoko heard from the passing seniors who are whispering and trying to take a peek at Shoyo. "Yes and she actually rejected someone today, again. Told him she was a boy." replied the friend of the senior who's now frowning. "So, this means she likes girls right?" Asked the other one making Kiyoko all flustered again and because of the spur of the moment, she grabbed the application form on her bag and put it up the window for Shoyo to see.

"P—please join the volleyball club!" She shouted tho it came out just as loud as a whisper. "Ah, okay!" Shoyo answered who had beamed a wide bright smile.

"I think I just had my number one girl crush." Kiyoko thought and bowed to Shoyo then smiled at Yachi who was also looking at her. She saw Yachi uttering something which made her confused. "Shoyo is mine, senpai." the blonde secretly hinted at Kiyoko, not wanting for her friend to hear her.