4. I Think Someone Else is Here Now

When they were younger, the Umbrella Academy often broke off into pairs or small groups. Much like how in a large friendship group there are smaller ones, where people are closer.

In the Academy's case, often times you would see Luther and Allison, Ben and Klaus, Diego and Aida, or even Vanya and Five, on their own together.

Sometimes the group's were bigger than this and often Aida, Ben, Klaus and Diego would go on escapades all together. Sure she'd speak with the others but it wasn't the same. Five was always too arrogant, Lu was always too bossy, Ali was always too perfect, and Vonnie was always too normal... Too lucky.

Aida never saw the Umbrella Academy as her actual family, real or adopted. Rather a live in school or orphanage of sorts. You'd think then, that this would make her relationships even more like a "friendship group" type of situation. But now that she thought about it, it really wasn't.

When they weren't getting experimented on, training for fighting crime, actually fighting crime, or being traumatised by these things, they had only a small amount of time to actually develop interests and relationships.

Ben would spend this time reading. Aida enjoyed him recounting the stories from the books and drawing them next to him as he read.

Klaus was one of the only other members who shared Aida's open distaste for Reginald and general disregard for personal safety, so (when Aida had the courage) they would play pranks on the patriarch or on his "children", or on themselves by doing the dumbest things they could think of.

Diego, she could do anything with. They joked about the others, talked about everything, sparred one another, met up at night in the kitchen to eat ice-cream. Or just sat in silence, but comforting silence.

Sometimes Aida would make an attempt with Five. During training they'd have fun fighting eachother, and they both shared an interest in incredibly weird and unhealthy foods. But she never got him involved in any real out-of-training events. Except when all eight of them were together.

She remembered how most of them seemed afraid of her though, and maybe rightfully so. Not because of her power but rather the way she seemed to have no reaction to pain. While "Zombie" was her official nickname, psychopath was also flung about often within the mansion walls.

These were the thoughts floating around in her head as she lay with an orange blanket wrapped around her. She was still curled up in her bed, and after a while of staring into nothing, closed her deep brown eyes in an attempt to rest.

But she never was good at resting.

A while passed and she was still in the fetal position, with her hands wrapped around herself, and a furrowed brow. However she was still only half asleep. That sort of rest where you would still answer a question, or hear a song playing in your dream, or be aware of your real surroundings but still basically asleep. The sort of rest that barely counted as rest.

In this case, a song did seep through into Aida's half conscious mind as songs often do. She automatically started tapping her hand to the beat of I Think We're Alone Now which came blasting through from Luther's room.

She stopped herself and woke up from her semi sleep. Peaking one eye open, at first she was angry; Couldn't they all just shut up? But as she sat up on her bed, yawned and rubbed her eyes, her body once again involuntarily reacts do the music in the form of a bobbing knee.

Eventually, she rolled her eyes and gave in. Moving her head to the beat before standing up to expand her dance moves. She moved her hands like waves in front of her, and raised them up in peace symbols across her eyes. The Twist and air drumming along with the drums and bells of the song were also a part of the routine.