5. Funerals and Pets

Aida always hated funerals, though not many people do love them

Funerals always resurfaced her fear of being buried alive, and the memories of being accidentally cremated. The tattoo which read 'i'll wake up eventually" and the note she carried explaining this, was her only tactic of preventing such a fate.

Before this particular funeral, Aida thought back to her other experiences with death and funerals in this mansion. Her other reasons for despising the tradition. She thought back to the training she faced when she was younger and how it lead up to said deaths.

Some days were more difficult than others, and it was through these experiments that her reputation as a psychopath really began to take sprout. Sometimes she'd leave personal training covered in blood and completely expressionless. Of course the children she lived with were scared, what they didn't know was that most of this blood was either her own or a poor beings which Reginald had provided to be healed.

When she was 6, she found a mouse in the courtyard. She took this mouse, who was named Mouse, around in her uniforms blazer pocket, fed it her food, and let it sleep in a drawer in her room. She'd only been in the Academy about a year, so Mouse was her only real friend.

When Reginald discovered Mouse he was furious at first, but then he had the idea of using it in Aida's training.
Mouse died about a month later.

Aida buried her friend on her own, in the garden. Hoping that this would be the last time a friend would die due to her incompetence. Of course, it wasn't.

There were a few other mice after that. She looked after them similarly, between the experiments, but never named them. She buried them all as well, eventually. The Hargreeves kids were jealous that she got to keep pets, convinced she took pleasure in hurting them, an accusation Aida never denied.

Then, one birthday Aida received a bunny rabbit as a gift. She at first expected the grey, spotty fluff ball to be immediately used in experiments, but as weeks went on with no such testing, she thought that Sir Hargreeves was actually letting her keep it. Perhaps to make up for all her other lost pets. She named the bunny Belle, and became very attached to her.

You'd rarely see Aida without Belle, and the little girl was seemingly alot happier. She spoke with the others more, and nearly all the pictures she drew were attempts to capture the greatness of Belle, who only ever really wanted to sleep, eat, and occasionally hop about in the courtyard.

It wasn't long until this changed.

"Has anyone seen my rabbit!" A distressed little Aida called.

"Belles missing?" Klaus said, with genuine concern, and immediately began to search the living room which him, Diego, Allison and Luther were sharing before Aida had burst in.

"Yes! She's never been gone this long!"

"Have you checked the kitchen?" Allison inquired, sitting on the couch and looking up at the girl, who was much less intimidating in this state.