🧡~Soulmates~🧡

Noi x Reader

Relationship: Crush

Setting: Palace Pocket Dimension

Second Person PoV

(Y/n) - Your name

~~~

        You had worried that you were gonna be alone. You could only sit back and watch as everyone around you found their soulmates while you still had yet to even have a mark. People would say that everyone has a soulmate, but you had your doubts...

        ...Up until you found an orange mark on your collarbone one summer morning and were overcome with glee. There was someone out there for you after all, and chances were they weren't too far away either. There was an anime convention in the area... maybe that was why? So you went about your day, with the full intent of stopping by the con on your way home.

        After a quick breakfast, you got dressed to take out the trash and run a few errands. The sleeve of your shirt fell naturally off your shoulder, revealing your soulmate mark in all its glory. Part of you was proud to show it off as you left your apartment, even though there was a good chance no one would see it.

        That's what you'd assumed, at least, but they you found the Daemos in the alleyway near the dumpsters and long story short, they ended up in your apartment with you.

~~~

        Earth and Daemos shared few things in common. But one thing that could transcend worlds, no matter their views or ways of life, was love. Daemos didn't typically believe in love, the concept of soulmates existed in all worlds, all forms of reality. Even on loveless worlds like Daemos. They were rare, but many stories have been told of Daemos finding a mark on their skin after being within close proximity to their soulmate.

        From there, the stories all tend to lead to the same events: tracking down your soulmate out of sheer curiosity, learning to rely on each other and fight side by side, and die together because Daemos partnerships are few and futile. What's even sadder is that once those stories were passed on, the mark of a soulmate was treated like a death sentence by Daemos.

        Noi had a soulmate mark, but he never let it be visible. Daemos with soulmates were often considered weak and the last thing he wanted was more judgment from the others. But once he saw your soulmate mark, he felt oddly more at ease. And once he realized that your mark matched his, he swore his heart stopped.

        It didn't necessarily take the mark, alone, for Noi to fall for you over time, but knowing that you were his soulmate brought an incentive to get to know you better. And when he took the time to do that, well... he completely fell in love with you.

        The only problem now was figuring out how to tell you. Noi was naturally shy around you: his face would flush and his heart would beat faster when he looked at you, let alone when you spoke. Once you gave him a thank you kiss on the cheek and he almost passed out. He spent so much of his time on Earth trying to get a plan in order. There had to be a good way to tell you.

        "Hey... Noi?" The Daemos' hassled thoughts were cut off by a soft, familiar voice. He looked back to find you standing behind him, just slightly down the hall in one of the mini palace's many corridors.

        Noi almost tripped over himself at the sound of your voice, but he held himself together as best he could. "(Y-Y/n)!" He gasped, his face immediately going red. "Wh-What are you doing here?"

        You shyly rubbed the back of your neck, evading his gaze. "I-I wanted to ask to you about something... if you aren't busy, that is-"

        "I-It's okay, (Y/n)!" He interrupted you, causing you to look up. "Ask away!"

        Your tense shoulders settled and you shot a smile back at the ginger. "O-Okay, um..." You bit your lip, a pink hue of your own blossoming on your face. "Well, i-it's kind of a weird question but... do Daemos have soulmates?"

        Noi's face reddened. "S-Soulmates?!"

        You nodded. "Y-Yeah! There's this whole thing on Earth where you get a mark when you're near your soulmate." You pulled down part of your collar, revealing the orange mark on your chest, which was undoubtedly the same as Noi's and only made him more flustered. "I-I have one, but... I don't think I'd like whoever it is..."

        "You... d-don't...?" The Daemos boy felt his heart shatter into a million pieces.

        "N-No... because..." Your voice trailed off as you looked up at Noi. You stepped closer, reaching for his hand and gently taking it in your own. Noi tensed up, closing his eyes tightly, only to feel your soft lips over his. You were kissing him...

        He shyly kissed back and his arms carefully snaked around your waist. Your arms moved up to his shoulders, as if you were trying to steady yourself. The kiss was gentle, but long and loving, making Noi's legs slightly weak beneath him.

        When you pulled away, his arms stayed in place, holding you against his body. Your face was as red as his at that point, your eyes evading his yet again. "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..." You took a deep breath, closing your eyes and looking back into Noi's tangerine eyes. "I'm sorry..."

        The Daemos only giggled, removing one arm from around your waist. He was glad that he was dressed in his human attire at the moment, as he was able to easily reveal his soulmate mark to you. Your eyes widened, but your arms wrapped around his neck and you pulled him down for another kiss.

        "How long have you-"

        "I-I saw it when we first met you..." Noi stuttered out, smiling like an idiot.

        You blinked a few times, pressing your forehead against his. "I wish you had told me sooner..." You pressed yet another quick kiss to his lips, a grin cemented on your lips. "I was really hoping that it'd be you, you precious Cinnamon Roll..."

        Noi beamed, happily nuzzling your nose. "I love you, (Y/n)!"

        Oh, how this boy made your heart swell... You really couldn't have asked for a better soulmate. "I love you too, Noi!"

        You buried you face in his neck, keeping him close, as if he'd just disappear. You had worried that you were gonna be alone. But you had Noi... and you would've even if he wasn't your soulmate...