💗~Conflicts~💗

Ava x Reader

Relationship: Dating

Setting: Ava's Apartment

Second Person PoV

(Y/n) - Your name

(N/n) - Nickname

~~~

        "Hey, babe?" You stepped out of your bedroom, scanning the house for Ava. She was lying on the couch, watching Socky the Sock Puppet on TV while mindlessly scrolling through Instagram.

        She looked up from her phone. "What?"

        "I'm going shopping with Lorelei." You stated, approaching her on the sofa. "You wanna come? It could be nice to get away from the boys for a bit."

        Ava bit her lip, eyes flickering back down to her screen. "Thanks, but I'll pass."

        You quietly growled, leaning back on the couch. "You know you have to do things with me, right? That's what couples do." You griped, crossing your arms over your chest. "What's so bad about Lorelei anyways?"

        Ava sat up, setting her phone aside. "Is that even a question? She's soooooo annoying!"

        "Maybe you wouldn't think that if you actually tried to engage in conversations with her. She's a lot deeper than the bubbly person who you think she is, trust me."

        Ava rolled her eyes at you. "I'm still not going. What if the Daemos-"

        "That too!" You interrupted, glaring over at your girlfriend. "The Daemos can't be your excuse for everything. They are becoming more capable on their own and we can't keep buying extra food for them, especially since you still don't have a job."

        Ava froze up, realizing that you had a point. The Daemos really couldn't stay, could they? She knew that much was true but letting them go was the last thing she wanted to do. They made her feel like the antisocial girl she was in high school was irrelevant. They, along with you, made her feel popular and whole. How could she just give that up?

        "(Y/n), don't take out your stress on me! That isn't fair!"

        That comment only made your blood boil even more, as your hands balled into fists. "You know what else isn't fair?!" It was taking every ounce of strength in your body not to scream. "The fact that I have to work more than one job while you stay at home and pretend to watch the guys, despite the fact that they won't stay for much longer anyways!"

        Tears filled Ava's eyes. She tried to cover it up with her hands and her long, dark hair, but you could easily tell. "A-Ava, wait-"

        "Y-You said you were going out with L-Lorelei, right? Just g-go."

         You blinked a few times, trying to get the forming tears out of your eyes. Without another word, you turned your back to her, and left the apartment.

~~~

        "Okay, spill the tea, (N/n)." Lorelei urged, looking at you from across the table. You and her had stopped for boba tea after shopping. "You've been acting weird all day, I hate seeing you like this."

        You sighed, fiddling with the straw in your cup. "It's just... Ava."

        "What about Ava?" She leaned on the table, holding her cup under her palm and drinking. "Don't tell me you two are breaking up, you're such a great couple!"

         You shut your eyes, as tightly as you could manage, as if you were trying to escape from this: your pain, your reality, and the fact that you'd have to go home and face Ava when your cup was empty.

        "N-No, we're not breaking up." You stated, trying to convince Lorelei and yourself. "She can't just be... so difficult sometimes. We still have those... friends staying with us and I'm working a few jobs while Ava gets to spend all of her time with them."

        Lorelei hummed, chewing her straw in contemplation. "Well, you know how Ava was in high school. Like, the angry-loner type, y'know?" Her bright blue eyes met yours. "Maybe she just likes having more people around."

        You nodded. "But she won't come with me anywhere. I want her to step outside of her comfort zone a bit 'cause it's healthy to. Plus those friends can't stick around forever..."

        "In my experience with relationships, talking is key. That's why Steve and I didn't work out..." She went quiet for a second before she began again. "It'd be good for you to talk it through with her. Like, how you're both feeling, how you can get her to be more social, all of that stuff!"

        You took another sip from your cup, processing her words, realizing only then that you reached the bottom. "That's... thank you, Lore." You stood up from your chair and picked up the trash on your table. "I think I'm gonna take care of this right now."

        She clapped a few times, beaming. "Good on you, (N/n)! Go get your girl!"

        You giggled at her enthusiasm, giving her a quick hug, before leaving the mall to make your way back home.

~~~

        You knocked on the door to you and Ava's shared bedroom, figuring that she'd be inside. "Come in..." She mumbles from the other side, her tone sounding tired and dejected.

        You opened the door, setting your shopping bags aside and going to sit next to her on the bed. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had tissues and a cup of tea on the nightstand, as well as a big fluffy blanket wrapped around her shoulders, courtesy of Pierce, Noi, and Rhys.

        "W-Welcome back..." Ava muttered, trying to smile. You broke down a bit in the moment, a few tears spilling from your cheeks as you wrapped your arms around her. Your head found its way to rest in the crook of her neck. She didn't react for a minute.

        "I'm sorry for snapping at you." You started, in a hushed tone. "I hate seeing you like this and I need to hear your side. Whether your ready for that now or in another week." You gave her a wry smile, not that she could see it. "Even if it takes a month of me sleeping on the couch..."

        "No..." Her arms wrapped back around you, her face nestling into her hair. "I know I have some stuff to work on. If you stick around to help me, I think I'll be okay without them..."

        You nodded, holding her closer to your body, leaning up to press a quick kiss on her cheek. "I love you..."

        She tackled you down in a hug, so that she laid on top of you. Tears welled up in her berry-colored eyes, but she was smiling. "I love you too!"