• PROLOGUE •

Against insurmountable odds, I've been made princess of Wysteria.

And now it's up to me to choose my prince?!

~

Louis: "Look me in the eyes..."

Louis: "Speak your desire and consider it done"

A faterful romance away from me, Your Highness.

Giles: "Or would you prefer we continue our lessons tonight behind closed doors?"

A forbidden affair with my seductive tutor...

Alyn: "I've got to hear it. Say you're mine."

Ayn: "As long as you're with me, I'll never let anything harm you."

Thought a passionate romance with a knight in shinning armor doesn't sound bad either."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of the midnight bells echoed throughout the castle.

I hastily descend the crimson-carpeted stairs, lifting my dress so as not to trip.

(I have to hurry. Leaving the palace is strictly forbidden, let alone at this hour.)

(But I really have no choice)

Suddenly, as I'd policies up by some unknown force, I found my body suspended in the air.

"Ahh!"

The high heels I had barely gotten used to slipped off as one tripped forward wildy.

I closed my eyes, bracing for impact.

(It's all over now!)

But instead, I fund myself in the security of a strong pair of arms.

???: "What are you doing here at such an hour, Princess?"

As the man's words echoed close to my ear,

I retraced the events leading up to me sneaking out of the castle.

...

.....

"No! Wait! please?"

⇨⇦

The resounding groan of the closing palace gates concluded in a deep thud.

(Commeoners are never allowed into the palace, except for today. Thought it looks like I won't be getting in.)

I'd come to palace with my invitation in hand.

I, like all the other women in the kingdom, was invited to the selection process for future princess elect.

Such gas been Wysterian tradition for as long as anyone can remember.

The princess elect will both rule the kingdom, and choose the future prince consort of Wysteria.

(It's almost like a fairytale.)

(Not that it matters. I didn't come here hoping to become the princess anyways.)

(I'm just a simple home tutor. I can't even imagine what a life as princess would be like.)

My reason for coming to the palace was much simpler.

(Well, I've made it this far. It would be a waste to turn back now.)

(There must be some way to get in.)

A streak of motion caught my eye as scanned the place walls for an entrance.