• Part 2 •

Part 2 (1/5)

But In the next moment, he had plastered the same pleasant expression back on his face.

Giles: "You wish to leave the palace?"

MC: "Yes. I do."

(Through I might not be able to bring back the flower,

(I want to give that sweet girl an explanation of what happened.)

Giles: "I shall ready some knights and attendants for your excursion."

MC: "Knights? But I'm just going into town."

Giles: "You're the princess. I couldn't possibly let you outside the palace walls without protection."

(Seriously?)

All these new rules were jarring to say the least, and I could do little to conceal my distress.

(I know that being princess means things will never be the same. But still—

(Am I really cut out to be princess? I'm so overwhelmed.)

Giles: "I should also mention, your appointment as princess elect is scheduled to be announced tomorrow.

Giles: "That I'd why absolutely canot allow you yo leave the palace walls alone."

Giles: "Even if you did just become princess, I'm sure you're all too familiar with the danger lurking outside Wysterian's border."

There was only one thing Giles could possibly be talking about.

MC: "I assume you mean our neighbor country, Stein?"

Giles: "Correct. With so little know about the country, it's impossible to calculate if and when they might strike.

Giles: "I daresay your selection as princess elect will become common knowledge within Stein in no time."

...

......

Meanwhile, in Stein.

???: "Your Majesty."

???: "Speak, Albert."

Albert: "Sid has come with what he claims to be vital information."

Another make figure appeared behind Albert, as if on cue.

Sid: "Long time no see, Byron. I've got very interesting tidbit of information I think Stein would find quite useful."

Byron: "And that would be?"

Sid: "Wysteria has just selected its new princess elect, or so I hear."

Albert: "A new princess?"

Byron: "Hmm..."

King Byron gazed out the window, in deep thought.

...

......

In the end, the topic of my excursion outside the castle walls was dropped.

After dinner, Nico showed me to my room.

Nico: "This is your chamber, Princess."

(It's so luxurious!)"

Nico: "You're probably exhausted after such a long day. Let's call it a night, shall we? Sleep tight!"

MC: "Good night, Nico. And thanks."