{127} breathe within

Welcome to September! We are officially three days in and I hope this month has inspired all the warm fuzzy feelings within you. May it bring you joy, comfort and peace! I pray this month is as best as it possibly can be in such a time!

There are days

when the sunshine isn't enough to warm my heart.

There are nights

when the moon feels too far away to guide me in the darkness.

There are mornings

when the sky seems too heavy to lift my spirits.

There are days

when the rain isn't enough to dry my quenching thirst for this to get better.

But I look up to you

and I remember your goodness, your grace 

and I surrender.

I take a breath.

I won't hide.

I won't lie.

Capitalism says our value is based on how productive we are

and a breathe within reminds me that these rules are nothing,

productivity is nothing

if I don't care for myself and yearn for you.

Fill me up with sweet nothings so that I may forget these rules and remember only you. 

Guide me when I call you and when I stray, bring me back into your flock. 

***

Don't forget that I post here on Wattpad every Thursday and on my Instagram every Monday and Friday! Go follow my Instagram at gentlestepsnyc for short sweet poems that you can't miss!!

~ Have you ever tried vegan ice cream?

I just heard about this yesterday and apparently it has less calories and sugar and tastes just as good as regular ice-cream. I definitely want to try it someday!

Love you all a bunches, 

D.O.