Ch 1

Percy's POV:

     I watch as tears stream down my face. My mom and Paul were killed right in front of me. I knew being a demigod was dangerous and they did too, but none of us could imagine that while running from a monster, they would walk in the way and get killed. The moster ran away seeing the pain in my eyes. I just stood and watched as my parents bleed to death.
     I felt a scream crawl up my throat and I couldn't hold it back. I screamed and cried, I begged them to come back. But I knew Thantos would not let them come back. Hopefully Uncle Hades would make sure they made it to Elysium and let them visit the castle. I sat on the ground and cried. I wish Annabeth was here so she could help or run after that monster.
     Why did it have to attack me after school. Why did I run this way and not to an isolated alleyway. Why couldn't I protect my parents. Only I know what truly happened and I can only guess what the mortals saw. Soon the police and ambulance came. They tried talking to me but all I could do was nod and shake my head no while crying.
The police helped me up and to a cop car. They got me in and we went somewhere. I wasn't paying attention. We ended up at the police station and we went in. They sat me down and made calls. I recognized some of the cops and they gave me sympathetic looks. They knew I was a troublemaker but not on purpose. They've learned that trouble finds me and I did anything to make it stop and help my mom.
     I don't know how long I'm here until I hear some heals clicking this way. I look up and see some redhead. She talks to the cops about how my only living family member is out of country and she's here for me. This is when I finally find my voice," I-I don't need anyone. My g-girlfriends family can take me in." I don't want to drag strangers into the mess of my world.
     The cop looks at me sympathetically and he says," Sorry Percy, after some digging we found your mother's will and she said that before she let the Chase's take you in, she wanted blood family to take you in." I quietly whimper and nod my head. He smiles sadly at me and hands me a blue donut. "If you cause any trouble you know one of us will get ya. I remember your mom bringing these for you one time picking you up." I nod my head in thanks and grab it.
"Ok Mr Jackson, lets get going. We should really get to our destination before your cousin comes in." I nod my head and stand. "Um...what's your name?" She looks at me in confusion and says," Don't you watch the news?" I shake my head no," Technology and me don't mix very well." She nods her head and says," I'm Pepper Potsz CEO of Stark Industries."
     My eyes widen at that, Annabeth is going to kill me. She's always wanted to go there. Wait if Annabeth would kill me what would the Hephaestus cabin do? I don't get to think much about it before she starts to leave. I quickly follow her. I stay quiet and think, why would she get me? Is Tony Stark my cousin? No that can't be right. Who am I related to then?
We walk out of the station and I see a limo. I gawk at it, I've only ever seen these and maybe stolen one to drive but he's never riden one in the back. We quickly get in and I sit by a window. I curl into a ball and stare out the window. Nibbling on the donut. Eventually I saw country side. We were near Camp Half Blood, maybe I can jump out of the car.
"Don't you dare jump out of the car Percy." I looked over at her in shock. "W-what? How'd you know I was thinking that!?" She looked at me confused," I've had to learn to read Tony Stark and the other Avengers. It really wasn't that hard." I nod my head and sigh. We eventually pass it and end up at a large building. It was crazy.
     "Annabeth is going to kill me." Pepper looked at me in confusion, " Who is this Annabeth?" I didn't look at her and I let myself smile for the first time. "She's my girlfriend. We have a really close bond. She's always wanted to meet Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Tony for the inventions and Dr Banner for the gamma research. She's incredibly smart and we always spend time together at camp. Oh my gods I might miss camp this year!"
Pepper gave me a sympathetic look. "Well, I don't think they'd be against you going to camp. I'm sure Tony would be ecstatic to meet your girlfriend and talk to her." I nod my head. "I think that would make our invento friend Leo jelous. He and everyone else in his cabin are known for inventing and tinkering. Tony is his hero!"
     Pepper chuckles and says," Why don't you get six friends to come over in a week. I don't care what the others say. I know they'd love to meet the Avengers." I nod my head and smile, but the smile doesn't last long as I remember why I'm going there. I look out the window and wonder who my cousin is and how to hide the mythical world from them.
Oh gods what will happen when Thor meets me, will he out the Greek and Roman gods? Will Magnus come over or his partner? Oh gods that would be scary. Oh no the others really don't like Loki, Alex would be treated horribly if the avengers found out. I suddenly see us pull into the house and I gulp. Oh gods I hope nothing attacks us here.