Ch 4

Percy's POV:

     I was awake well before dawn the next morning because of my nightmares. Thankfully no one heard me scream. Because of my parents death, the memories and trauma from Taturus appears to be heightening. I take a deep breath and stand up. I look around my room and grab my pen. I put on some clean clothes and put on my camp shirt.
     I look at the door, sensing something behind it. I silently walk towards the door and grab a book along the way. When I get to the door I step to the side. I'm as silent as possible and the door opens, without thinking I use the book as I would my sword. A strong hand grabbed my writst. At that point my instincts took over and I started to fight the mystery person. It didn't last long because I was on my back being pinned by Natasha.
     "What's gotten into yourself buddy?" I blink a few times and then awkwardly chuckle. "I um had a nightmare and it caused my anxiety to be risen." She nods her head in understatement and stood up, helping me up. "No one else is up. Wanna go to the gym and I can teach you better moves in a fight?" It took me a second to understand what she said and I looked at her with eyes that said 'There's more I don't know?' She smirks and nods her head. "What are we waiting for! Let's go!"
     I run out of the room and down to the gym. I hear Natasha following me so I run faster, I reach the gym before her and pant. It doesn't take her long to catch up with me and she smiles at me," Your good newbie. Let's begin." I nod my head and get into a fighting stance. She smiles at me and we begin. Two hours later we are both panting and look exhausted.
     The doors to the gym open up and we both turn to see who's there. Captain America walks in and looks at the twonof us and shakes his head. "Nat did you hurt him?" She shakes her head no and says," Nope. It's like he knows what he's doing. He's not as strong as you but he definitely has the same skill level as you." I blush in embarrassment at the praise. "Well thank you. Um I think I'll go shower before I leave for camp. Thanks for the lessons." She smiles and nod as I leave.
     As I walk to my room I pass Bruce and Tony. They don't notice me but I hear something that makes me pale. There were attacks outside the building but the cameras caught nothing. A lot of damage was created outside. I quickly run to my room and look out the window. Outside I see a bunch of Canadians. I gulp in fear. This is not good. I race out of my room and run into Clint.
    "Woah kid, what's up with you?" I calm my breathing enough to calm my nerves down. "I just realized how late I am going to be if I don't leave now for camp. I just need to leave now." I made sure my voice was calm and convincing. Clint chuckles and looks at me," How can you be late to a silly summer camp?" I look at him in his eyes and glare," I'm a counselor for one of the cabin. I have to get there before anyone else, besides other counselors, does." He chuckles and nods his head. "Banner wants to see you before you leave."
     I nod my head and then run to where I last knew Bruce was. I looked in and saw him, I slowly walked to him. "Bruce, I need to go to camp. I'm a counselor." He nods his head and hands me a phone. I silently gulp and grab it. "It's Stark's latest  phone. Not out to the public yet. He noticed some, a lot of kids being killed and he noticed some common elements in the phones that caused it, he worked on it and now it's his new phone. Hopefully it doesn't happen with it." I nod my head and stuff it in my pocket.
     "There's a car in the garage that you can take. Be careful, ok? The compound was attacked last night and we don't know by who." I nod my head and wave goodbye to him. I run downstairs to the garage and get into the car that was obviously for me. I take a deep breath and race out, hoping the excuse of needing to get there early covers the excuse of speeding. I look around me as the Canadian's follow me, man summer will not be going my way.