Ch 3

Percy's POV:

     He nods his head and we excuse ourselves. We walk to a side of the complex and a door opens for us. "This is your room. Tony wanted to decorate it already but I wouldn't let him." I nod my head and look at him and then I sigh. "Can I live with my girlfriend's family? I don't want to burden you guys." He looks at me and shakes his head no.
     "I read your mom's will. She said you'd try to do this or run away. She said that your family will be able to protect you. She also left a little note. I read it and it said you have summer camp. Is that true?" I nod my head, I look out the window and see the mountains where Rachel's cave is. "Well you can go but she didn't say what camp it was. I want to take you.
     My eyes widen and I shake my head no. "It's ok. I have my licenses and can drive. It's not that far and it's not well known. I'll be fine getting there." He looks at me," Well at least take a phone to keep in contact, you don't have one." I start to freak out because I can't take the phone. I'm a son of Poseidon, that would make me a moving a target, but I say nothing.
     "You can leave tomorrow. I'll go get you a phone." I nod my head and force a smile. This is bad, I have to leave the phone here but how. I go and sit on the bed and pull out my pen. I'm tempted to open it but what will Bruce think about it if he sees Riptide. I twirl it in my hand.
     Suddenly a knock emitted through my room. I look up and see a man dressed in purple. He looks at me and smiles," How are you with a bow?" I shrug and answer him. "I'm decent at it but I know people who are way better than me." I look away from him and continue to speak. "Anyways, who are you?" It was quiet as I waited for an answer. I hadn't heard one and I looked at him in confusion.
     "Did you not hear my question?" He shook his head no and spoke. "I'm hard of hearing, near deaf. I was born this way. I couldn't read your lips so I don't know what you said." I made an 'oh' face. "Sorry, I didn't know. I asked who are you." He smirked and said," Don't worry about it kid. I'm Clint Barton. I'm an expert archer, the best in the world."
     I hold back a snort because Artemis wouldn't mind but because it was a boy who said it, she'd probably beat his ass. Apollo on the other hand would take great offense and challenge him to a dual. "Cool." He nods his head. "Want to shoot some arrows?" I thought for a moment and nodded my head. Archery wasn't swordplay but it was a good distraction.
      He motioned me to follow and I did. We walked to the gym and to some doors I hadn't noticed before. He looked around the room and his eyes landed on the punching bag. He raised and eyebrow in confusion. "Cap usually cleans up his messes when he does that." I look away and chuckle nervously, luckily he didn't notice. He then opened the doors to the mystery room. Inside was an impressive archery range.
     Apollo would be jealous of this. "Oh my gods. Frank would love this place." He gave me a weird look. "He's a friend. He attends a different camp from me. Our camps have a friendly rivalry." He nods his head, clearly confused but not saying anything. "Well let's get started." I nod my head and grab a bow.
     A few hours later we both were on the last target that was also the farthest. Clint shot and it was the first time he missed the bullseye. It wasn't by much but he still missed it. "Good luck kid, this is the only one I miss for a stationary target." I smirk," I wont miss like you." He scoffs while I draw my bow. I let my instincts take over and release the arrow. We watched it fly across the room, it felt like forever. It then hit the target.
     "BULLSETE!" I laught amd do a little happy dance. Clint looks at me in disbelief. "I thought you were mediocre!" I shrug at him and say," I mean I'm mediocre compared to many others back at my camp and Frank's camp. On Apollo's aim, Frank honestly would have went through this course in a breeze." He gave me a weird look because I said Apollo's name but I ignored it. "Damn I would love to meet your friends. " I look at him and smile," Maybe after I come back to camp. Pepper Pots already gave me permission to bring friends over."
     "Of course Pepper did that. Without consulting with me." I jump but then reorganize the voice as Bruce's. I turn and look at Bruce and smile. "Yeah, hehe she did." Clint already knew Bruce was in the room somehow and smiled at our conversation. "This dude is a prodigy. Maybe Nat could teach him self defense." "Who's Nat?"
     "I am, and please kid. Call me Natasha." I jump again, how are these people sneaking up on me. I turn and look at the new voice and see a red head women. She didn't appear menacing but all my instincts were screaming danger. Natasha looks at me and chuckles. "Relax newby. I won't hurt you." "How did you know what I was thinking?" She just smiled at me while Bruce said," She has her ways." That scared me but I was just glad I was going to camp tomorrow.