I. PRINCESS OF ASGARD

ophelia by the lumineers

"Oh, Ophelia.
Heaven help a fool who falls in love."

          "Once, mankind accepted a simple truth, that they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds man believed to be home to their gods. Others, they knew to fear. From a realm of cold and darkness came the Frost Giants, threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this threat alone. Our armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great.

          In the end, their king fell. And the source of their power was taken from them. With the last great war ended, we withdrew from the other worlds and returned home to the Realm Eternal, Asgard. Here we remain as a beacon of hope, shining out across the stars. And though we have fallen into man's myths and legends, it was Asgard and its warriors that brought peace to the universe."

          Odin walked with his sons by his side, showing them the casket that was stolen from the frost giants.

          "But the day will come when one of you, will have to defend that peace."

          "Do the frost giants still live?" the young raven haired son asked.

          "When I'm king, I'll hunt the monsters down and slay them all. Just as you did father." the older blonde son interjected in full confidence.

          "A wise king never seeks out war. But he must always be ready for it." Thor and Loki looked at each other with smiles on both of their faces, thinking they were ready for what was to come. They ran through the hall of relics, passing Mjolnir on the way.

          "I'm ready, Father."

           "So am I." they said, walking alongside their father, hand in hand.

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne." Odin chuckled, "But both of you were born to be kings."

Meanwhile, in another room of the palace stood a girl, appeared around the age of six. She had long, wavy, brunette hair that almost reached her hips. The girl had fair skin and wore a light blue dress with loose long sleeves. She stood before a mirror, staring at her reflection. Her mother behind her.

"Now, how do you present yourself?" Frigga asked.

"I am Iduna, daughter of Odin, Princess of Asgard." she replied.